PDA

View Full Version : Why are our prices in USD?

Marshall
01-13-2015, 12:31 PM
This question has come up a couple of times so I thought I'd post the answer here.

Our ultimate goal is to get products into Canada in the most economical way possible and pass the savings on to the customer.

There are a couple of reasons the prices are in USD....

First, since the majority of the products we list originate in the US, we have to pay the suppliers in USD and then would need to convert the sale price to CDN. With the variations in exchange rate, we would either need to update our prices on a daily basis, or set the prices much higher than they need to be at a given time to allow for potential drop in the value of the Canadian dollar (or rise of the USD as the case may be). If we were to constantly update the prices we would need to dedicate someone to look after that and in turn would need to charge more to the customer. If we set our prices based on a projected exchange rate, again the customer would end up paying more than they need to.

Second, at this time our Canadian bank, cannot see their way clear to set up a payment gateway for us for a reasonable fee. They want to take a much higher percentage than their US counterparts and since we operate on a very low mark-up we would need to raise the price to allow the bank to get their share. We are thinking of changing banks, but as a "gun business", apparently we're "high risk", so it's difficult to find a bank willing to take our business.

With all that said, if you do want to place an order and pay in CDN, we can accommodate you for sure. Just click the check/money order option at check out and make a note in the comments that you would like to pay in CDN. We will do the conversion based on the TD Bank rate of the day and send you a total in CDN. Then you can pay via interac transfer or send a check or money order to our BC address.

Suputin
12-14-2018, 01:09 PM
I want to buy a suppressor cover but the $27 usd shipping charge seems more than a bit over the top. Canada Post wouldn't cost more than $10-$15 cdn to ship a small item like that.

In the end, the ca. $100 for a cloth suppressor cover, shipped, is just too much.

Sabio
01-04-2019, 05:33 PM
I want to buy a suppressor cover but the $27 usd shipping charge seems more than a bit over the top. Canada Post wouldn't cost more than $10-$15 cdn to ship a small item like that.

In the end, the ca. $100 for a cloth suppressor cover, shipped, is just too much.

I noticed that as well. A flat rate to get it out of the U.S is in line with other importers, but if it says "In Canada" it should be actual canada post rate.

Brownells only charges 8.95 - 10.95..... that's actually less than SFRC charges and we are 2 hours apart

sky52
01-04-2019, 10:37 PM
Should be a different rate for stuff thats in canada. I agree to that portion of it. But if they need to recover some of the inventory cost of having it in Canada, do what IRG does, in canada stuffs are slightly inflated. Be up front about it. i need the tavor barrel tool, they have it but wanted 26.95 usd to get it from penticton to vancouver. Nah, i am going to backorder it with brownells.

Suputin
01-05-2019, 01:04 AM
Paying 4x the normal shipping cost just rubs me the wrong way.

DariusE
01-11-2019, 03:30 PM
Hey Guys,

The shipping is something that is super easy to fix. Certainly items qualify for reduced shipping and you are more than welcome to email and ask if they do, if it does we can provide you with a shipping coupon to reduce the price of shipping.

Also if you check out and do not use the coupon, we do refund the difference back to your card without you even having to ask.

If you have any questions, please do no hesitate to email us at [email protected]