I. Acceptance of Terms.
As used in this Agreement, “you” or “User” means both (a) the individual now registering as a user of the Site or the existing user of the Site now agreeing to this Agreement, as the case may be, and (b) if applicable, the company or other business or governmental entity specified by you upon registration (any such entity, “your entity”). You and your entity, if any, are jointly and severally liable for your obligations under this Agreement.
II. Scope of Applicability.
2. Gun Owners of Canada Inc may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Gun Owners of Canada Inc or its affiliates. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, Gun Owners of Canada Inc will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Website, you expressly AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS Gun Owners of Canada Inc, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, ATTORNEYS, OWNERS, OPERATORS, AFFILIATES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, INSURERS, OR AGENTS FROM ANY LOSSES OR EXPENSES (INCLUDING ACTUAL ATTORNEYS' FEES) WHICH ARISE FROM THIRD PARTY CLAIMS RELATING TO USE BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON ACCESSING THE SITE THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
III. Site Usage and Accounts.
1. Account. In order to access some features of the Website, you will have to create an account. You may never use another's account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You agree that you will not allow others to access your account, nor will you use your account or the Site on an outsourcing basis or on behalf of third parties. You must notify Gun Owners of Canada Inc immediately, in writing, of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
2. Liability for loss. Gun Owners of Canada Inc will not be liable for any losses you sustain as a result of unauthorized use of your account. You will be further liable for all losses sustained by Gun Owners of Canada Inc or others due to such unauthorized use, including all costs, attorneys’ fees, and other damages that directly or indirectly relate to use by you or any other person accessing the Site through your account. In the event that Gun Owners of Canada Inc should bring any action or claim arising out of this Agreement against you in which Gun Owners of Canada Inc prevails, you shall pay to Gun Owners of Canada Inc any and all costs incurred by Gun Owners of Canada Inc in enforcing the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including actual attorneys’ fees, court costs, and all other costs and fees associates with such action.
3. Termination and Suspension of User Account. We agree to provide you access to the Site and the services available on the Site only as authorized in this Agreement. We reserve the right to reject your user registration by disabling your registered account. Even after acceptance, we may terminate or suspend your account and ability to use the Site in our sole discretion, with or without cause and without prior notice to you. If we believe your actions may cause us or other users legal liability, harm, or loss, we reserve the right to notify other users of your actions.
4. Objection to terms. Should you object to any of the terms of this Agreement or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with the Site and related services in any way, your only recourse is to immediately: (1) discontinue use of the Site and services; (2) terminate your membership; and (3) notify us of termination. At any such time, you may terminate this Agreement. In addition, your account will be deemed inactive and closed if there is no activity on your account for a period of one year. In the event your account is closed or terminated it will be marked inactive in our systems, but we may not delete your user information or message history. If your account with Gun Owners of Canada Inc is terminated for any reason, whether by your own action or Gun Owners of Canada Inc’s, Gun Owners of Canada Inc may remove some or all of your User Submissions (as defined in V.1. below). It is within Gun Owners of Canada Inc’s sole and exclusive discretion to decide whether or not to delete your User Submissions. Gun Owners of Canada Inc is under no obligation, regardless of any request or demand from you, to remove any User Submissions, regardless of the reason for your disaffiliation with Gun Owners of Canada Inc.
5. No “bots.” You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” or any other device, software, hardware, or program that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Gun Owners of Canada Inc servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Gun Owners of Canada Inc grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Gun Owners of Canada Inc reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Website (e.g. comments, email, private messaging) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to their “User Submissions” (defined below).
6. Abuse of Private Messaging. Gun Owners of Canada Inc 's private messaging and e-mails obtained through Gun Owners of Canada Inc while “private,” still fall under the rules established here. They should not be used for commercial purposes, to send spam, to solicit, or to threaten or harass members, moderators or administrators. Members who use Private Messaging to circumvent the rules of the community will be subject to disciplinary action. If you receive this type of communication, report it immediately. Do not publish it on the board. Communications of Gun Owners of Canada Inc members to Gun Owners of Canada Inc moderators are subject to review by other moderators and Gun Owners of Canada Inc administrators at the sole discretion of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. As per paragraph 16 of this Agreement, any private message may be disclosed to the relevant authorities in the event of a court order or subpoena.
IV. Permissions and Restrictions.
1. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Website.
2. You agree not to introduce, intentionally or unintentionally, any kind of virus or malicious computer program to Gun Owners of Canada Inc.
3. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial use, other than what is provided for in the section below, without the prior written authorization of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. Prohibited commercial uses include any of the following actions taken without Gun Owners of Canada Inc’s express written approval:
4. a. sale of access to the Website or its related services on another website;
5. b. use of the Website or its related services for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Gun Owners of Canada Inc;
6. c. any use of the Website or its related services that Gun Owners of Canada Inc finds, in its sole and absolute discretion, to use Gun Owners of Canada Inc’s resources with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for Gun Owners of Canada Inc or its content.
4. Prohibited commercial uses do not include:
7. a. uploading original content to promote your non firearm related business or artistic enterprise, within the confines of site Rule 9;
8. b. using Gun Owners of Canada Inc forums to facilitate a classified transaction as defined below, with the full understanding that Gun Owners of Canada Inc is not a participant in any transaction completed;
9. c. any use that Gun Owners of Canada Inc. expressly authorizes in writing.
10. Gun Owners of Canada Inc reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Website at any time, with or without advance notice to you, and without any liability to you for loss or disruption of service.
V. Your User Submissions and Conduct.
1. As a Gun Owners of Canada Inc account holder you may submit video content (“User Videos”), photographic content (“User Photos”), and textual content (“User Comments” or “Postings”). User Videos, User Photos, and User Comments are collectively referred to as “User Submissions.” You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, Gun Owners of Canada Inc does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.
4. In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Gun Owners of Canada Inc all of the license rights granted herein.
5. Gun Owners of Canada Inc or its owners do not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Gun Owners of Canada Inc expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. Gun Owners of Canada Inc does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and Gun Owners of Canada Inc will remove all Content and User Submissions if properly notified that such Content or User Submission infringes on another's intellectual property rights. Gun Owners of Canada Inc reserves the right to remove Content and User Submissions without prior notice.
6. We are not responsible for any user-generated content such as Postings, listings, messages on our message forums, feedback, pictures, etc. You are solely responsible for any information that you post to this Site; we are only a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your information. If you post information that is libelous, slanderous, violates any law, or violates the intellectual property rights of anyone else, you will be solely liable for the consequences. We may take any action, including but not limited to removing the content or suspending or terminating your account, deemed necessary in our sole discretion to protect ourselves if we believe your information may create liability for us or may cause us to lose the services of our ISPs or other suppliers.
VI. Classified Ad Policy.
1. Classified Transaction. Gun Owners of Canada Inc provides a forum for users to advertise their own goods for sale to other users, in the form of ads (“Classified Ads”). A “Classified Transaction” shall be defined as any Agreement made between Gun Owners of Canada Inc Users for the sale, barter, or conveyance of merchandise or services.
2. Venue Only. You agree and acknowledge that Gun Owners of Canada Inc is not providing a service for Classified Transactions. Gun Owners of Canada Inc is only providing an advertising venue for the completion of Classified Transactions. Gun Owners of Canada Inc is not involved in any actual transactions, negotiations, or communications between buyers and sellers in furtherance of Classified Transactions, and we make no representation, and give no assurance, that:
1. a. The persons using Gun Owners of Canada Inc (a) are not misrepresenting their identity, location or authority to enter into contracts, and (b) are of legal age and capacity to enter into contracts.
2. b. A seller placing an Item on Gun Owners of Canada Inc is able to or will complete the sale of the Item or deliver the Item to the buyer, or that a buyer purchasing an Item is able to or will complete the purchase of an Item from a seller.
3. c. A seller has truthfully and accurately described an Item placed on Gun Owners of Canada Inc.
4. d. An Item listed for sale on Gun Owners of Canada Inc exists, or is (a) safe, (b) of any particular quality, (c) non-infringing with regard to the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or (d) free from liens, encumbrances or contractual claims attributable to seller, or that an Item may be legally sold by the seller.
5. e. The sale and transfer of an Item complies with any or all applicable legal requirements for the sale, transfer and transport of that Item, including but not limited to statutes, regulations or requirements of any country, state, locality, province, municipality or other government authority or regulatory entity regarding sales or auctions, the sale and/or transfer of any Item, export or import control, taxation, duties or tariffs, presence or licensing of brokers (the foregoing, “Legal Requirements”).
3. Ad Placement. List ALL FOR SALE items in the “Want Ads” system. You are not to list items for sale in any other part of the site. DO NOT post a link to any For Sale ads you may have on other boards, such as Ebay, or similar sites, in any posts in the forums or in your signature.
4. Release. You acknowledge and agree that Gun Owners of Canada Inc. does not take title to or possession of any Item being sold on the Site, and we are not a principal in any Classified Transactions on the Site, nor are we your agent or an agent of any seller or other buyer. Because we are not and cannot be involved in dealings between Gun Owners of Canada Inc users, in the event that you have a dispute with another user (whether a buyer or seller), you hereby release Gun Owners of Canada Inc, our directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, and including attorneys’ fees) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
5. Privacy. While Gun Owners of Canada Inc is not a party to any Classified Transaction initiated, furthered, or completed on its Site, Gun Owners of Canada Inc reserves the right to:
1. a. Disclose the details of any Classified Transaction, including without limitation relevant Postings, Private Messages, E-mails, or other communications to the relevant authorities as per paragraph 16 of this Agreement; and
2. b. Remove any Classified Ad, without cause or notice to user, from the Site.
VII. Warranty Disclaimer.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE Gun Owners of Canada Inc WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Gun Owners of Canada Inc, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. Gun Owners of Canada Inc MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE'S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE Gun Owners of Canada Inc WEBSITE. Gun Owners of Canada Inc DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE Gun Owners of Canada Inc WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND Gun Owners of Canada Inc WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
VIII. Limitation of Liability.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, IN NO EVENT SHALL Gun Owners of Canada Inc, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, ATTORNEYS, OWNERS, OPERATORS, AFFILIATES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS INSURERS, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE Gun Owners of Canada Inc WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT Gun Owners of Canada Inc SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL Gun Owners of Canada Inc BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY DAMAGES DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SUFFERED BY YOU. The Website is controlled and offered by Gun Owners of Canada Inc from its facilities in the Canada. Gun Owners of Canada Inc makes no representations that the Gun Owners of Canada Inc Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Gun Owners of Canada Inc . Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law in Alberta,
You shall not make any communication that is intended or reasonably understood to disparage, criticize, condemn, or impugn the personal, professional, or business reputation of Gun Owners of Canada Inc, the Site, and/or Gun Owners of Canada Inc’s officers, directors, employees, licensors, attorneys, owners, operators, affiliates, predecessors, successors, assigns, insurers and/or agents, including without limitation, any communication that could have the effect of or intention of which is to cause embarrassment, disparagement, damage or injury to the reputation, business, or standing in the community of any such parties and regardless of whether any such communication is or may be true or founded in facts.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Gun Owners of Canada Inc may disclose personally identifiable information, business records, and other information to third parties in the event of any of the following: (1) To allow a third party contractor to help operate this Website or Gun Owners of Canada Inc’s business; (2) If a court order, arbitration order or governmental administrative agency order is sought to disclose the personally identifiable information or a subpoena is served that purports to require the disclosure of the personally identifiable information; (3) The information needs to be disclosed in order to provide requested services; or (4) Gun Owners of Canada Inc finds that your actions violate Gun Owners of Canada Inc’s policies or usage guidelines. In addition, Gun Owners of Canada Inc may disclose anonymous information including, without limitation, your occupation, location, and use of the Service to illustrate patterns and trends.
XVI. Posting Guidelines - Gun Owners of Canada Community Guidelines.
Respect the Gun Owners of Canada Community
Every community feature on Gun Owners of Canada involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and thousands of other users respect that trust. Please be one of them.
1. No illegal content.
2. We are trying to maintain a family environment and as such foul language is not appropriate or necessary. No profanity in your user name, profile picture, title or otherwise. Foul and offensive language is not allowed anywhere on the board. Members must censor themselves.
3. No rude or abusive language allowed, including flame wars. We do not allow Gun Owners of Canada.ca to be used to deliberately trash, denigrate, or malign another forum or site. DO NOT drag your board wars over to this site or attempt to use this site as a staging point to start trouble on other sites.
4. Gun Owners of Canada.ca is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. Posts with sexually suggestive or explicit content are not allowed. That includes links to sites with such content. If you want to look at, or post, pictures of scantily clad women or men, please do so elsewhere. This is not the place for it.
5. Do not post or link to content containing graphic depictions of serious injury or death to people or animals. Any User Submission showing or describing someone or an animal being physically hurt, attacked, or humiliated will not be tolerated on Gun Owners of Canada.ca. Members who hunt animals humanely for sport and/or meat are the only exception to this rule.
6. We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But, we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity). Posts with racist or extremist comments or content are not allowed. This includes links to sites with such content.
7. Posts concerning politics, civil liberties issues, Law Enforcement issues and/or religion should be confined to the forums we have dedicated to those topics. Please do not argue these topics elsewhere on the site.
9. Unsolicited posts by companies and/or individuals promoting themselves, a website, or a product are not allowed. Please email [email protected]
for information on how to become a site sponsor. Of course there are exceptions to every rule, Hobbyists, at home gunsmiths, high volume personal traders, and the like, will not be expected to sign up for a GOC sponsorship program. But must contact the Site admin for permission before proceeding with posting.
10. Do not re-start threads pertaining to subjects that have been previously closed.
11. Do not post the same or similar thread in multiple forums. Select the forum best suited for the topic and post it there. Multiple postings with the same subject matter by the same member will not be allowed, and Gun Owners of Canada.ca reserves the right to delete or move such postings at its sole discretion.
12. We do not allow anyone to be registered under more than ONE member name. There is absolutely NO reason to have an extra account unless it is used for trolling purposes. If you are found to have more than one account, you will risk losing ALL of your accounts.
13. Avatars of your own choosing are allowed for “all Members”, as long as they are tasteful in content, and conform to the rules above. Avatars should be used to express your likes, loves, and individuality, but there are limits. The Administrators and Moderators DO NOT want members using the avatar system to make bigoted personal, religious, or political statements. The avatar may not include scantily-clad, provocative pictures of women/men.
14. Signature lines fall under the same rules as your avatars. If your signature line doesn't meet the above rules, it is not allowed.
15. All the same rules listed above apply to the posting of pictures and videos. This also includes using videos for self-promotion, whether you are promoting yourself, your products, or your videos themselves.
16. Obvious trolling or attempts to bait another member into an argument for your own entertainment will not be tolerated here; you will swiftly be shown the door.
17. For the new comers that post obvious or previously covered questions in the forum. GOC staff will not tolerate any bullying or "elitist" comments made towards said members. Everyone will go through a learning curve here, do not post if you cannot offer any constructive advice.
We Enforce These Guidelines
To all of our members, dealers and organizations; GOC has taken a strong stance against any and all questionable behavior illegal or otherwise. This website and company operates on a zero tolerance basis.
Gun Owners of Canada Inc staff reviews flagged posts to determine whether they violate our Community Guidelines. Gun Owners of Canada Inc does not and cannot review all information and materials that may be viewed on the Site. You acknowledge that Gun Owners of Canada Inc is acting as a conduit by allowing you to submit and view materials through the Site and is not liable for any contents viewed through the Site. When Gun Owners of Canada Inc reviews inappropriate content, Gun Owners of Canada Inc removes them if deemed appropriate in its sole and absolute discretion. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and may be terminated in the sole and absolute discretion of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. If your account is terminated, you won’t be allowed to create any new accounts.
This document is a prepared template and may change over time, any errors in this document, may be edited at a later date holding members and dealers accountable to review changes.