Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Shawn.Bevins
    Beyond NFA members getting a second entry to this contest , NFA members who recruit new NFA members will be put in for our Roundup-to-win contest as well.

wow hopefully the community will see some big growth from this

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire1 View Post
    Ok, before this winds up heading like another giveaway did in the past where a member carried on about privacy concerns, there is a simple solution, if you do not want your info out there at all, dont join the giveaway contest. Our privacy policy is as clear as we can make it, and also as secure. The fact that we do these giveaways on a regular basis sort of requires we verify information. Internet identities are not as secure as people would think, just accessing any site logs your ip address, which can lead to all kinds of discoveries.

I am not bashing those with questions, however as I said, the solution is simple, dont join he contest if your that concerned. This isnt a thread about debating the policy or anything else, it is a giveaway thread, and like jwire stated, with any giveaway, esp firearms, certain details need to be provided.
    Please re-read my post. I was not arguing any policies but merely suggesting this could be done differently (for latter giveaways implied) in order to better ensure personal information security.

This was meant as a constructive comment, not to start a debate. Facts are that highly secure sites get hacked and data is compromised everyday. And you won't have me believe GOC is a such highly secure site to start with. I've been in this field long enough to know.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'll shut-up and go back under my rock.
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

"Be honest. Be politically incorrect." Partially stolen from Mad Hatter

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

CSSA, TCRQ, ex-NFA

Zguy, re read mine. I didnt suggest you were arguing policies. We had another giveaway where the thread derailed into an entire debate. I was simply stated this wasnt going to happen in this one. As I said, the solution is a simple one, noone has to enter the contest, should an individual decides that they dont want their info on the net, dont enter the contest. Jwire stated it even simpler, dont want to provide the legally required information, dont enter.
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Definitely in! And now I wish I could sign up for that NFA contest as well But I can't afford any more membership fees this year. Maybe next time.

I'm in.

I didn't know NFA members get two entries; how do we identify ourselves as NFA members for draw purposes?

Yes, I am an NFA member, lol.

As seen in the first post...
    1.4 Members of the National Firearms Association will receive a 2nd entry into the contest. This link will be found in their private forum on Gun Owners of Canada.

Got my entry in, now to go and find more members.

Where do you post the membership numbers?

Best of luck to everyone!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast