View Poll Results: How long does it take to issue a club-level ATT in Ontario?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Within a week

2 14.29%
  • Within two weeks

0 0%
  • Within three weeks

5 35.71%
  • One month

5 35.71%
  • More than two months

2 14.29%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ontario requires that you take a club level "ATT" course- most other provinces don't I think. After the club secretary verifies you have junped all the hoops it usually is just a matter of the club submitting your name on a form.The ATT is returned from Orillia electronically most cases - This is usually quite quick-about 1 to 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    Ontario requires that you take a club level "ATT" course- most other provinces don't I think. After the club secretary verifies you have junped all the hoops it usually is just a matter of the club submitting your name on a form.The ATT is returned from Orillia electronically most cases - This is usually quite quick-about 1 to 5 days.
    1 to 5 days? Oh dear!! Somebody must be on vacation... so far it's been 1 to 5 weeks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    Sorry.. but that is incorrect. There is nothing within the FA or regs that actually says you have to take such a course at all. That has been admitted to as well in court by the CFO when pressed the same as membership is not required by law. In addition there is no such thing as a "club ATT"... as per parliament's own words as put into law an ATT is something between the officials and the license owner. The club does not issue any ATT ever.. since they have zero authority to do any such thing.

Now that said.. most clubs insist on anyone new doing their course and some (with more common sense though either way that is their right.. and if you don't like it just go elsewhere) will give exemptions for those that already posses the proper knowledge and skills to be safe.
    (again proven in court much to wyatt's dismay)

The idea that you MUST get an ATT through a club is a myth at best and a flat out lie in reality.. sadly perpetuated by many including those that do not actually know the law. Wyatt and his ilk of course take full advantage and abuse this every chance they possibly can get.

And of course for any real newb.. TAKE THE COURSE!!! The official test to get your RPAL etc is IMHO a joke and newbs most often need that additional instruction though not all (depends on other experience)

I for example have never taken that course.. but I came to this with experience since I was a young kid and when in court even had signed certifications from instructors (again to wyatts dismay)
    Last edited by Shalimar; 08-05-2014 at 10:48 AM.