Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: RPAL interviews

Geez, really sounds like the only thing consistent with everyone's experience is the inconsistency!

Just to add my $0.02, one reference was called, the other reference got a letter asking him to call, and I never once heard a peep out of them.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By DeathSpok

Edenchef (02-10-2015)

Ya, my RPAL took almost 8 months. Both my references were called and asked the same question differently, "Do they have a concern with me having a firearm?"
    I started calling them twice a month after month 4, just to make sure they did not need anything else, but all they ever said was the wait times were long and could not give me a date.
    They issued mine last week and never once talked to me. BC by the way.

I must have a horseshoe up my rear because from beginning of processing to issuance of card was less than 45 days. Last week I called up the RCMP, which would have been about 30 days into it, got a reference number and was told to just get one of my references to call in. One did and about 10 minutes after the interview it was updated on the web site to say licence issued and I should have it within two weeks.
    Currently allied with: NRA, CCFR, OFAH, BASS, FLW and the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

And card received today! I have to hand it to the CFP...they were reasonably quick with me.
    Currently allied with: NRA, CCFR, OFAH, BASS, FLW and the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

They never called my references at all.

Only one of my references was called last week. They didn't bother with the others. My rpal took about 45 days after showing up online... (76 days since miramichi received application with test results attached)

Questions asked to my reference were very basic, "Do you oppose to him owning a firearm?, is there any reason why he shouldn't have one? etc... my application was very basic as well though, boring/vanilla/whatever you want to call it. No issues or law run-ins etc. Hope this information helps a little.

Reviving an old thread, but does anyone know the extension for my references to use for their interview? Lady on the phone said for them to call, use the extension and my application number but i forgot the extension. I believ it was 25 something. This is for a non restricted by the way.

My daughter in law had her RPAL in just over 45 days and I was the only reference that was called.
    Member- NRA NFA CSSA CSC

My buddy just called me today he just got his RPAL with 2 divorces under his belt. Only took 3 months or so.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by 60falcon144 View Post
    Reviving an old thread, but does anyone know the extension for my references to use for their interview? Lady on the phone said for them to call, use the extension and my application number but i forgot the extension. I believ it was 25 something. This is for a non restricted by the way.
    WHAT ?!?!?! Now they're too lazy to call themselves ?!?!?! WTF ?!?!?!?!
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast