Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I had been friends with my neighbors for some time before telling them about my guns. It would be difficult for them to make a pariah out of me after all the free snowblowing I had done for them,over the years. Some have expressed that they don't care for guns, and have given me the "you're twice as likely to shoot a family member than an intruder" argument, but I still get invited to bbq's and for wobbly pops in the driveway. Hasn't had a negative effect on my friendships. It's not like I just sit on the stoop twirling my pistols anyway.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I agree with Yogi. Just the same, I wouldn't go knock on my neighbor's door to tell him I have a workshop that looks like a Home Depot catalog.

My neighbours know I have guns. The next door neighbours and i collaborate for a huge neighbourhood fireworks party on May 24 and July 1st. I Give all the kids baseballs and have suffered little to no animosity. I know of one liberal neighbour that despises guns, but say little to me about it anymore, as their arguments are the usual claptrap which is easily dispensed with.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    A few weeks back, I was just coming back from the range and my neighbor from across the street came over to say hi. He asked what was new. I pulled out my AR-10, made sure it was safe, and handed it to him. He was looking it over, and before he was done, the other 2 neighbors (who aren't a waste of oxygen) were over having a look. One asked me what I needed it for. I told him 'to shoot'. We all laughed. I have made sure to be the best neighbor I can be. I've also made sure that it's no secret that I own a fair chunk of firearms. The one guy jokes 'if the zombies ever come, I'm heading to your house' lol

Sure.....everybody makes fun of the Redneck....until the zombie apocalypse happens. Lol.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

5. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

oddjob70 (04-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    The one guy jokes 'if the zombies ever come, I'm heading to your house' lol

Sure.....everybody makes fun of the Redneck....until the zombie apocalypse happens. Lol.
    Yup. It's not uncommon to hear that from many people who oppose civilian gun ownership, whether it's a redneck or a city slicker who owns them. These people who bitch and moan about "easy access to guns" are the same ones who say, "I know who's house I'm going to when shit hits the fan."

odd statement that. If my guns would not be wanted at their house why would they assume they are welcome at mine when they want my guns to serve them?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    odd statement that. If my guns would not be wanted at their house why would they assume they are welcome at mine when they want my guns to serve them?
    Which is why I tell them if they survive the zombies, can find my place and can get past the claymores on the perimeter they're welcome.

They get first watch. I ain't doing all the work.

And bring coffee and donuts.

My first thought is to ask them what they want since guns are visible? Why aren't they campaigning for more money for a zombie rehab social program?

It can be fun to mess with certain neighbors. My very next door neighbor saw me unloading my car of ammo boxes and rifle cases and he asked why I had them. I answered "I was watching Walking Dead the other day and started thinking 'what if...?'"
    He looked at me for second unsure if I was kidding or not before making some sort of nervous laughter. Ironically he is probably nicer to me than anyone else I know.

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By TheHydrant

blacksmithden (02-22-2017), oddjob70 (04-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHydrant View Post
    It can be fun to mess with certain neighbors. My very next door neighbor saw me unloading my car of ammo boxes and rifle cases and he asked why I had them. I answered "I was watching Walking Dead the other day and started thinking 'what if...?'"
    He looked at me for second unsure if I was kidding or not before making some sort of nervous laughter. Ironically he is probably nicer to me than anyone else I know.

Haha thats funny
    Almost all my neighbors are packin!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast