Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's been over 5 months since they recieved my application. It's been with the CFO for over 4 months. I called and they gave me the usual run around saying they have everything they need but they can't give me a time frame. I applied for my PAL and RPAL, maybe they are waiting for proof of range membership?

I read in the thread about contacting your MP to speed them up. What exactly should I say and ask for when contacting mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Sprayed View Post
    It's been over 5 months since they recieved my application. It's been with the CFO for over 4 months. I called and they gave me the usual run around saying they have everything they need but they can't give me a time frame. I applied for my PAL and RPAL, maybe they are waiting for proof of range membership?

I read in the thread about contacting your MP to speed them up. What exactly should I say and ask for when contacting mine?
    Can't join a range until you have a PAL, so that ain't it.

You'd call up your MP, hopefully conservative, and ask why a government bureaucrat has taken six months to read a form, type twelve things into a database, click the 'search criminal records' button, and then click the 'submit to government photo ID printing lab' button.

Have the RCMP contacted your references?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCenturion View Post
    Can't join a range until you have a PAL, so that ain't it.

You'd call up your MP, hopefully conservative, and ask why a government bureaucrat has taken six months to read a form, type twelve things into a database, click the 'search criminal records' button, and then click the 'submit to government photo ID printing lab' button.

Have the RCMP contacted your references?
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes they contacted one of my references and I called in myself a couple months back to see if they needed to interview me, they said they didn't and that everything seems to be in order for the application and that it's with the CFO.

Unfortunately my MP just got voted in and is liberal