• Prairie Dog

5 2.45%
  • Rory McCanuck

11 5.39%
  • Satain

7 3.43%
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Just voted! Good luck everyone

I know this is meant to be in good fun, but I'm not sure how it can't come off like a popularity contest.

The "best" mod based on votes may plausibly end up being someone who jokes around on the forum, but doesn't actually do any work that benefits the website. That mod may also try to be extra friendly and never penalize anyone.

As a contrast, there may be a mod who rarely posts, but does a lot of dirty work to clean up the threads. That person may also punish/ban people when required, which for the most part isn't appreciated on the receiving end.

Hopefully the mod who ends up winning is based on doing a good job, but if the recent Canadian election proves anything, it's that being popular wins more votes than being better.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I know this is meant to be in good fun, but I'm not sure how it can't come off like a popularity contest.

The "best" mod based on votes may plausibly end up being someone who jokes around on the forum, but doesn't actually do any work that benefits the website. That mod may also try to be extra friendly and never penalize anyone.

As a contrast, there may be a mod who rarely posts, but does a lot of dirty work to clean up the threads. That person may also punish/ban people when required, which for the most part isn't appreciated on the receiving end.

Hopefully the mod who ends up winning is based on doing a good job, but if the recent Canadian election proves anything, it's that being popular wins more votes than being better.
    NONE of these mods actually do any work, that is given

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Drache

Candychikita (11-08-2015), Coke (11-04-2015), Kane63 (11-04-2015)

Voted for the helpful mod...you-all know who that one is lol 😇
    Btw, I could not get the poll to show up in Tapatalk. Finally made it show up in web view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Pig or Go Home

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post

Well blacksmithden helped me out with information a couple of times when nobody else would respond to my thread, so I voted for him. Just like I voted CPC because my MP always answered my questions within a day over email. Makes sense in my mind

None of the above. These guys are all jerks. They only became mods so they could go toSHOT show.

Voted thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    None of the above. These guys are all jerks. They only became mods so they could go toSHOT show.
    I still think at least half of them are alternate personalities of Jwire....

I'm almost positive that Candychikita is one!

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    LOL I think your thinking the "other site"

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By jwirecom109

Swampdonkey (11-04-2015)

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast