Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
No, no i don't remember that But - i'll bet those '50 things' were all things people had some knowledge of. or at least an opinion about. We MUST remember that as hard as it is for us to believe the general public has NO knowledge about guns, other than that guns are often used in crime and can kill so they're a little concerned. But uncle bob had one for hunting so they can't be ALL bad.
Well that' just not true The general public has lots of knowledge about guns, its just that the knowledge is largely incorrect and has been gained from Hollywood and biased news reports for the most part. We all need to do our part to shift this in the right direction.

That's largely what we've got to work with. The '50 things' idea can work within our community, there's a lot of people who have some knowlege but are not engaged in the fight and don't really care that much and that can bring them around. So - good idea for a commercial for wild tv, not so good for one to air during days of our lives.
I don't remember the '50 things' either- must have targeted to a specific audience.
THere's really three fronts we have to work on -
the "engaged" community who cares about this stuff, but who may be misinformed or have bought into the whole 'the cpc is evil' thing the NFA was selling. Those people need to be educated and brought onside for the upcoming fight, and detail is important.
The whole 'the cpc is evil' and "Harper is evil" thing is why Trudeau won, and was pushed by many more the NFA- and they certainly had some valid points. Being forced to support Harper as a single issue "gun" voter is certainly distasteful to me. I would much rather see the gun control political football out of play.http://news.nationalpost.com/full-co...es-i-just-cant

The 'disengaged' community - casual gun owners and/or hunters who know a little but don't really care enough to get into the fight. THey need to be educated and encouraged to get involved in a positive manner.

The 'not our community' average person who knows nothing, and just needs to be educated on the most basic concepts because they won't spend the time to learn more. (they are the majority)

The messages we put out there have to be tailored for the appropriate audience.
We need our community to be bigger and span all the political parties the disengaged community doesn't know there is a fight.