Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo9mm View Post
    the contest for inactive accounts and one post wonders. just my opinion but this needs to be changed.
    I tend to be a reader and not a writer. Does this make me any less active just because I'm new to the sport and don't have a lot of knowledge to share? I take Polls and sign petitions, my post count is minimal, heck pretty sure this is my second post on this site. But I've spent a few years on this site reading everything I can. Posting doesn't make me any less active my friend.

CJ

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Dustee

Smc (06-24-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo9mm View Post
    the contest for inactive accounts and one post wonders. just my opinion but this needs to be changed.
    No inactive accounts can win the contest, and we do have record of time spent logged into the site. That said, post count has nothing to do with activity levels. Not everyone can have a big mouth. Some read more than they talk, which is fine. Without their numbers the site wouldn't have as many sponsors, and we'd be giving away a new pair of boot laces instead of a 1911. And for that, they can enter too.....unless you'd really like a pair of new laces....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

In the thriving metropolis of Beiseker AB.
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    No inactive accounts can win the contest, and we do have record of time spent logged into the site. That said, post count has nothing to do with activity levels. Not everyone can have a big mouth. Some read more than they talk, which is fine. Without their numbers the site wouldn't have as many sponsors, and we'd be giving away a new pair of boot laces instead of a 1911. And for that, they can enter too.....unless you'd really like a pair of new laces....
    I just broke my boot laces this morning...

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
    You had me at Bacon

NFA

5. The Following User Liked This Post By mavrik9

kennymo (06-28-2016)

Would you consider selling that G1 Doug. I am also in Nova Scotia and am looking for my first handgun but am a little nervous to purchase online.

What do I need to put in the comments section to enter?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangroup View Post
    What do I need to put in the comments section to enter?

read the details of the contest entry in full and you'll understand

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

Hopefully we don't have to say to much here besides it's nice that they have a contest period. Now if they had hats of t-shirts in large sizes it would be nice.

entered and Thanks!

I appreciate all comments, however the companies providing the swag are the benefactors as we are asked to roam their site, familiarize us with their offering and potentially make future purchase decisions based on that. If Anyone is saying you have to active this or have posted x-number of times, these companies might be better-off doing their promotional giveaways elsewhere, such as gunnutz. Have you ever heard of Pepsi letting you only claim the 'win' if you had been drinking their product in x quantity? I really appreciate that this forum is doing this work of talking to the folks, setting up these contents, but if you put these stipulations on (activity level) it leaves a bitter taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilddieb View Post
    I appreciate all comments, however the companies providing the swag are the benefactors as we are asked to roam their site, familiarize us with their offering and potentially make future purchase decisions based on that. If Anyone is saying you have to active this or have posted x-number of times, these companies might be better-off doing their promotional giveaways elsewhere, such as gunnutz. Have you ever heard of Pepsi letting you only claim the 'win' if you had been drinking their product in x quantity? I really appreciate that this forum is doing this work of talking to the folks, setting up these contents, but if you put these stipulations on (activity level) it leaves a bitter taste.

To Quote the Rules:

1.1 Eligibility: Gun Owners of Canada Giveaways is open to all legal residents of Canada who are; the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry, are a member in good standing of Gun Owners of Canada (1.1.a), with an active account (1.1.b).

1.1.a Good Standing is defined as a member that has activated account, that is not banned, suspended, or requested the removal of their account.

1.1.b An active account is defined as an account that has been active within 1 week of the contest drawing date. IF account is found to be inactive, Gun Owners of Canada, shall have the right to decide if the draw, shall be redrawn.
    If you don't like it, please do not enter. The rules are set up to be fair to all members of the forum.

As for companies doing their promotional giveaways elsewhere, as Previously stated, these companies as part of their advertisement programs costs have products in place of cash which is then given away to our members. This is at the cost of GOC's intake of funds, and we do this to promote the sport and thank our members for being apart of it.
    If we Canceled this program with the dealers, we would make more money but members would get nothing back for being loyal great members.

As such if they did so on other places, they would have to front cash for advertisement then the funds for the giveaway.

Our program benefits both the Vendor and the Members of this forum.

Also our viewer base since we are a publicly view-able forum is much larger then a closed to only members view-able forum, thus giving more exposure for the giveaways and or product.
    Member count is not a true count of viewers of the forum, many read and never sign up.

To give you an idea of the Viewers of the forum:

Within the last year 334,786 unique users (not IPs, but users tracked through google and the forum software) have been tracked to the forum of those 58.2% are returning users on a regular basis (maybe members and may just be public readers),

Which Translates to 194845 uniquer users coming to Gun Owners of Canada on a consistence basis.

The "largest forum" member base is roughly 160-170k members on a closed forum. So the public isn't able to view it.

So in terms of exposure 334,786 vs 160,000 to 170,000(if all members are active) is double the viewership potential, And tracked 194,845 is higher than 160,000 to 170,000(if all members are active).

So in short they get more exposure for their money.
    Last edited by jwirecom109; 06-27-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

13. The Following 9 Users Like This Post By jwirecom109

DanN (07-11-2016), Dustee (07-19-2016), FALover (06-28-2016), greywolf67nt (07-03-2016), kennymo (06-28-2016), lone-wolf (06-27-2016), Lostincanada (06-27-2016), mavrik9 (06-27-2016), Moons96 (07-03-2016)