Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    I have a guy trustworthy going to Red Deer Sat and through Calgary end of Oct if you want delivery to Edmonton/Lloydminster/Bonniville.

In the ongoing saga of the coins, the minting company now wants 4 times the cost that i was recently quoted to just engrave the coins.

As such they will be coming non engraved, at which time they may or may not be engraved before going to their original homes.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by jwirecom109 View Post
    In the ongoing saga of the coins, the minting company now wants 4 times the cost that i was recently quoted to just engrave the coins.

As such they will be coming non engraved, at which time they may or may not be engraved before going to their original homes.
    You mean with the numbers? They're brass right, couldn't any keysmith stamp the numbers in for you like a key?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    You mean with the numbers? They're brass right, couldn't any keysmith stamp the numbers in for you like a key?
    keysmith's are far and few between nowadays, but yes if there is an engraving place that is reasonable in costs locally i will get these done.

Some looking alone what $2-5 per character

keysmith's are far and few between nowadays
    Are you sure? We have dozens of them here, i use them and have keys stamped all the time. Might be worth pokeing into.

Anyway, even 10 bucks a coin isn't SO bad - i bet we could do a 'sponsor a coin' drive and get enough people to donate 10 bucks to cover it. I'm in for a coin if it comes to that.

Are you sure? We have dozens of them here, i use them and have keys stamped all the time. Might be worth pokeing into.

Anyway, even 10 bucks a coin isn't SO bad - i bet we could do a 'sponsor a coin' drive and get enough people to donate 10 bucks to cover it. I'm in for a coin if it comes to that.
    all locksmiths and keysmiths are mobile now, and all have those ready to build key machines, it took me a week and driving out of calgary just to get my kawasaki keys cut.

all locksmiths and keysmiths are mobile now, and all have those ready to build key machines, it took me a week and driving out of calgary just to get my kawasaki keys cut.
    That's effed up. We still have 'em in their own shops here, they send their guys out in vans but they do business in the store.

That's effed up. We still have 'em in their own shops here, they send their guys out in vans but they do business in the store.
    well nowadays with no skill and a key duplicating machine anyone can be a locksmith.

Well i'm not sure whom you're referring to with the 'whale' comment, but i'd bloody well clarify that before CC reads this thread and gets any unfortunate wrong impressions if I were you young man.

(and as a matter of fact it DOES come with an eyepatch and pegleg, Mr fashion-conscious-pirate.)
    Well I was just going off the Moby Dick meme to help with my pirate musings, I'm CERTAINLY not the one that just insinuated CC has a blowhole. Or webbed appendages.
    ...Or are you meaning it in a complimentary way? That she can hold her breath for a really long time, and when dead, we can render her down for lamp oil? Both excellent additions to anyone's CV.
    CSSA CCFR

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Strewth

Candychikita (09-28-2016)

This and this? I'm in for a couple of coins. Or you can send mine unstamped? I promise I won't get anything lewd permanently indented in the metal....
    Well see, there's your problem. Instead of chasing the mobile locksmith van around Calgary, you should have laid an ambush (perhaps with a "broken" Kawasaki?) on their most popular route.
    CSSA CCFR