Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: NEA 102

Quote Originally Posted by Codyg14 View Post
    NEA said that rcmp told them they will get the answer this week. So until the weeks over it's all good to me.
    I agree. Waiting sucks, but I do appreciate the heads up and will wait the week without issue. I'm sure I'll complain and hit the refresh button and be all excited, but that is a much better option than not knowing the announcement is coming this week and missing out on the first batch that go up for sale.

My prediction is Friday afternoon. The RCMP probably mailed out the papers Monday. Give Canada Post four days to deliver it, and NEA will disseminate the information as soon as they receive it. That being said, I hope it is today!

Yup. From their fb page

North Eastern Arms
    We expect Monday night... watch Goc for the news

Also from their fb page in April

North Eastern Arms
    The clock runs out on the RCMP in 30 days. They have to give us a classification by end of May.

Nothing today so don't use all your data.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By jwirecom109

Codyg14 (06-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Pariegh View Post
    It isn't close to the MH/MV design though which was designed specifically not to be a variant of the AR-15, it is an actual AR based off the original AR-102 design. NEA's rifle is based on an AR-10 variant that already has a NR status, despite there being few to none in Canada. Pretty much all modern AR-10's are actually scaled up AR-15's and that is why they are restricted.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyph3r View Post
    Well, when the rcmp does stuff like this, the future of NR AR style rifles does not look so good.
    the original ar-10 (original run of 10k rifles 1955-1959) predates the ar15/m16 (1957) by a couple years..... technically speaking the ar15 should be a variant of the ar-10.

if nea successfully followed original ar10 drawings (adding an sp1 "bump" to meet current interpretation of "law") there should be no issues..... the magazine on the other hand may throw a rock in it.

ar-10a - stoner/sr-25 style (original pattern)
    ar-10b - proprietary armalite (modified m14 mags)

i think they would be on safer ground using the m14 mags..... IMHO

For sure,
    Cheap and if it can take xcr-m pistol mags? 10 rounds of pew pew.. someone might have a heart attack and find reasons to restrict.

Quote Originally Posted by Westicle View Post
    the original ar-10 (original run of 10k rifles 1955-1959) predates the ar15/m16 (1957) by a couple years..... technically speaking the ar15 should be a variant of the ar-10.

if nea successfully followed original ar10 drawings (adding an sp1 "bump" to meet current interpretation of "law") there should be no issues..... the magazine on the other hand may throw a rock in it.

ar-10a - stoner/sr-25 style (original pattern)
    ar-10b - proprietary armalite (modified m14 mags)

i think they would be on safer ground using the m14 mags..... IMHO

Isn't this machined from a prohibited block of aluminum?
    Maybe they're all prohib now
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

firemachine69 (06-14-2017), Joshua13 (06-15-2017), Smc (06-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by sushix2 View Post
    For sure,
    Cheap and if it can take xcr-m pistol mags? 10 rounds of pew pew.. someone might have a heart attack and find reasons to restrict.
    you could still use the aia enfield mags in the ar-10b pattern, they wouldn't have last shot hold open though

Quote Originally Posted by Westicle View Post
    you could still use the aia enfield mags in the ar-10b pattern, they wouldn't have last shot hold open though
    yeah the E-Lander ones

but the problem is that those ones don't have the cut out for the magazine retention thing

and I suspect modifying a mag to have that notch would be analogous to "manufacturing" etc etc.. all boils down to do you wanna risk pound you in the ass prison.

They posted on facebook that they take standard AR10 mags

Actually I didn't see an Ar 10/102 80% lower listed on the list of prohibited ones so I'd say no it was not! Bit I know what you mean lol