Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: NEA 102

Haha thats awesome. Pics worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "Canadians expend about half a billion rounds of ammunition per year (ammunition import statistics). If guns are the cause of homicide, we're missing 99.9999992% of the time." from Range Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jwirecom109 View Post
    I'll leave this right here.....

That's what I'm talking about!
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

firemachine69 (01-08-2017)

My father and I are definitely in for one of these each as soon as the NR status is confirmed.
    Looks great, price is right and Canadian made.
    I was just about to start building a .308 DMR, so perfect timing as well.

Sign me up! Is there a pre order list or something? My credit card hasn't been worked out in awhile.

sweet
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Looking forward to seeing this

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    This is great and all if it ends up being/staying NR and is a good semi-auto AR pattern .308 rifle.

Thing is, I don't understand how any of this is even possible. I'm not trying to be a hater here but just step back a minute.

The original AR10 is considered NR

Most modern AR10 style rifles like the KAC rifles, DPMS, etc have been considered R as AR15 variants

The AR15 and "variants" of the M16 are considered R yet the AR15 came before the M16

The AR15 which is R, was based off the AR10 that came before it which is NR (but modern variations of it are considered R)

The ATRS MH rifle is NR and it's basically a side charging AR15 with an AR10 trigger group and the upper/lower machined in a proprietary way so they don't interface with typical AR15/AR10 style rifles.

Legal drama aside... Stupid Canadian classification system aside... These rifles all operate with the same key principles that distinguish any given rifle from another kind. They're basically like different generations of Chevy Small Block, it's still a freaken Chevy Small Block. How can one be banned or deemed as something else and another something else entirely and not banned.

I'm not trying to preach to the choir here. It's been my long standing belief that the RCMP Lab and various other classification powers that be know that this whole system is ass backwards retarded and has many contradictions. They know that even the first gen AR10's are AR15 style rifles (it's really AR15's that are AR10 style technically but you get it) and they just never did anything about it because they know there's only a handful of them.

What I'm trying to say is basically this whole NR AR style rifle thing, first started by ATRS and now NEA is ridding on some shaky ground. The fact that the ATRS rifles were high priced boutique items not readily available at a low price sort of made it fall into the same category as the rare as hell original AR10's that are NR. If you get an AR style firearm that's NR and mass produced/readily available to the public at a cheap cost, that changes the entire dynamic to those who want to see those types of firearms banned/restricted. I feel like it could go the Beowulf Magazine way, nothing happened when it was just the od boutique magazines from one manufacture that nobody could find then when everybody started making them/importing them and they were available to everyone for a low price the RCMP finally acted.

I want to see this succeed, it sounds awesome so kudos to everybody evolved including SFRC but at the same time I got a bad feeling. As for myself, I've never been one to buy/not buy something on the basis that "it could be banned". If it's legal at the time I'm buying it.

Let's seriously cross our fingers on this! I'll have one in .308 and another in 6.5Creed if it's an accurate enough platform!

I'm in, .308.

Can't wait for this announcement. In for a OD Green model in the first shipment if I can get in before the crowd!

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast