Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMeggie View Post
    How the heck do you see where (if) you hit a target?

I've been out a couple of times as a guest and I noticed that it's hard to see where you hit the target (paper) when you're actually shooting. I wear my glasses, the target is at the closest distance allowed and I can't tell where I hit it.

Obviously, you can see it when you reel in the target, but do you guys have any tips so I don't have do that after every shot?
    Regardless of whether you get a spotting scope or binoculars, I would further suggest that you don't check after every shot. It disrupts your mental "flow" and your grip might change from shot to shot. Better to shoot in batches, such as 5 round groups or a whole magazine, depending on what kind of gun you're using. Also, individual shots matter less than groups. Just focus on good sight picture, grip, trigger pull, for each group, then check how you're doing. Especially if you have an adjustable sight and are trying to zero on the target, it's better to do, for example "1 inch down and 2 inches to the left" based on the centre of a group rather than based on an individual shot.
    If God didn't want holsters to be leather, he wouldn't have made so many damn cows.

2. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Bittereinder

chuckbuster (02-15-2017), CLW .45 (02-18-2017), lone-wolf (03-19-2017), Rory McCanuck (02-15-2017), Toban (03-06-2017)