Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
The CFO's office routinely send ATTs via email.
Maybe they can send registration certificates by email, although I've not heard of anyone getting one.
Sure, I get my Notification of Transfer by email all the time.

The difficulty I have with being told I must keep my gun at home is that there is nothing in the law that creates an exemption for being in possession of a restricted firearm without a registration certificate as long as I just bought it and brought it home while I wait for a registration certificate. The way I see it, the NoT either IS a registration certificate, or it IS NOT a registration certificate. It's binary, there is no grey area. You're either fine taking your gun to the range, or you're already breaking the law by having brought your gun home. The CFP and CFO have a lot of discretionary powers, but inventing conditional registration certificates is not one of them.

I'm not going to bother digging one up now, but I'm pretty sure even the NoT says "you may now take possession....". It doesn't say you can only bring it home, and why would it, it's a possession document, not a transport document.