Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My favorite firearms moment is actually one of my earliest memories. I have no idea how old I was at the time.

My parents took me on a walk down the midway at the Calgary Stampede. I have no idea why, as my parents both lean a bit to the left, but they decided to let me have a go at the 'shoot out the star' game.

I was so small that I had to rest the stock on my shoulder to reach the trigger and I seriously doubt that I had any concept of sights.

All that I remember is the rat-a-tat-tat of that little BB machine gun and the bits of paper flying! It was glorious!

Clearly I wasn't even remotely interested in trying to accomplish the actual objective and the guy at the booth was so entertained that he gave me a free reload, and off I went again!

My mom laminated that little bullet-ridden piece of paper for me and it was my most prized possession for years. A few decades later I went back with a girlfriend, and relived the memory! The guns are a lot tinier than I remember.

That day fostered a lifelong love of guns.

And a deathly fear of clowns.

My parents also took me through the %#&*'ing funhouse.
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps – each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

2. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By Hidyn

Aniest (01-11-2020), Dewey Cox (01-09-2020), elliott264 (01-10-2020), FALover (01-10-2020), kennymo (01-09-2020), MarkR (01-15-2020), Waterloomike (01-09-2020)