Quote Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
I NEVER win these things, but here goes anyway. I grew up in a home where we didn't have firearms. I was introduced to them at 21 years of age by my wife's uncle. I went on a hunt with him and my brother in law in the States and we had a great time. I was the only one there that had never really shot a gun, I had shot a .22 once, but never anything higher powered. Because of that I was getting picked on a bit by my wife's uncle and my brother in law, both of them are American and had a lot of time handling firearms. I remember holding up the 30/06 for the first time, they made a comment about getting to see some scope eye. To make a long story short we went out, and we were out in a hunting blind, and there happened to be a bunch of does galloping through the field we were overlooking. My wife's uncle handed me the rife and told me to shoot one, so I brought the scope to my eye and boom...... I shot a doe and dropped her instantly. I bet you thought I was going to say I smoked myself in the eye... Well I didn't, but on my first hunt and my first time shooting a centre fire rifle I was successful in harvesting a deer. To make the story even better, I hit the one I was aiming at!
Also that day we saved a baby kitten whose leg was stuck under a log and donated $500 to a charity of your choice if that makes it sound any better HAHA!