Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Info on Winchester lever guns. I've already seen pics of a new '73 rifle that has me interested

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Info on Winchester lever guns. I've already seen pics of a new '73 rifle that has me interested
    I had a look at the new '73 and I have to say I'm impressed. No ugly external safety like on the '94, but it does have a striker block which won't allow the hammer to contact the firing pin unless the trigger is fully pressed.
    The action is very smooth and feels like it has a short stroke kit and the trigger is crisp and light.
    I talked to one of the engineers and he said they completely tore down an original gun and recreated it a close as they possibly could while making a few minor internal improvements.
    They are offering it in .357/.38, .45 LC and of course .44-40. All three are available as short rifles with a 20" round barrel in either blued finish or case hardened. They also have a 24" octagon barrel version in either .38/.357 or .44-40 which is done in the color case hardened finish only.
    We have a couple of sources for them so if anyone is interested let us know and we'll get you a price and availability.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...