Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteannerdy View Post
    Well mine has been “in progress” for 56 days. It’s an upgrade application ahead of my regular PAL that doesn’t expire until end of next year.

I’ve had some light shed on the process. Provinces like Ontario where you can send in your application while your waiting for stamped test results can overcome the 4 week waiting period at the same time while waiting for test results to be stamped. However. Provinces like AB/SK you get your signed test results(not CFO signed) and send with your application. They hold for the 4 weeks before your test results are reviewed and approved by a CFO. Possibly another 4 weeks and that’s only if your application did not contain any errors and you pass your background check. Then of course IF they decide to contact your references after these steps.

I’m on day 106. Could be a few more weeks. Nothing we can do to rush these guys. Most of the CFO offices are over worked, under staffed and under funded to hire additional staff. Good thing C-71 plans to give all these poor men and women more work load and no funding that I’ve seen to back that up.

Regardless, even if you find yourself in a long wait like myself. Ignore the “45 days to process”. Stay cool, and be patient cause you know it’s worth the wait anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    its the same as my friend. he has been waiting 5 months. his just says Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date for 5 months now. he has called in several times and they say he passed all background checks and it sitting in the cfo desk waiting for final approval. and the stupid thing is we took the pal/rpal course at the same time and they received our applications at the same time and i got mine in 45 days to the day and yet he is still waiting.

PAL/RPAL Timelines

Quote Originally Posted by mnathan View Post
    its the same as my friend. he has been waiting 5 months. his just says Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date for 5 months now. he has called in several times and they say he passed all background checks and it sitting in the cfo desk waiting for final approval. and the stupid thing is we took the pal/rpal course at the same time and they received our applications at the same time and i got mine in 45 days to the day and yet he is still waiting.
    Random selection on his? Errors in his details, checked yes to one of the questions, or they were not satisfied with a reference?

Or your friend just got the slowest CFO in the office and you got the energetic one who’s efficient as fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk