Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Introduction, looking to be a legal gun owner...

Hi, I'm J.P. from Ontario. I'd always thought of myself as somewhat of a survivalist, in my definition of that, someone who wants to live and ensure that their family lives. Utilizing various survival techniques and just being prepared... Not afraid of getting dirty! Due to social decay, I'm really interested in learning to handle a firearm. I want to the ask the legal gun owners here some questions, would like your insight and opinions... Obviously you can see there is some reading... Would appreciate some insight though... Thanks!

1) How safe is it to to own and store a handgun in your home? The last thing I want is to unintentionally facilitate a crime when my gun is stolen by criminals... I recall reading on this gang in Scarborough, they had broken to this gun collectors home, and spent days cutting into the safe where the guns were stored. They left with a number of guns, some refiles were included. This new arsenal, according to the story gave the gang an upper hand and gun violence increased in Scarborough. My question is, do gun owners talk loudly in public about owning guns?? Can they be targeted coming home from the shooting range? It doesn't make sense to me how a legal gun owner, assumingly responsible be robbed by criminals who knew he/she owned a gun... Specifically how do young black men in a gang know who owns a gun, to rob the person of their gun(s)? Most legal gun owners as far I know are white Canadians, hunters and sports man/women... I don't see a connection with young black gang members... This is a partly where I'm paranoid about having a gun in my house, the last thing I want is for my family to be in danger unexpectedly, because somehow of no fault of my own someone knew I owned a gun... One of my theories is as such... The gun store owners or whomever sold you the legal gun, sold your personal information to criminals... I don't want offend any Gun Store owners, just trying to make sense of it, on how gun owners get robbed of their guns...

2) How safe is it to buy a handgun online? I buy things on Amazon and they literally just stuff the package in my mail box when I'm not home... I would imagine the gun purchase comes by Fedex or whatever, and needs to be signed for?? Does the person delivering the package knows what's inside maybe due to familiarity of the address of the sender?

3) C'mon I'm sure at least one person here has heard this before... Legal gun owners are targeted by the government (whose probably monitoring these kinds of forums)... Fact or fiction?...

Thank you!
    Last edited by Jpnguyento; 02-22-2016 at 11:41 AM.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Jpnguyento

Swampdonkey (03-01-2016)