Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I assume you're shopping in a reputable gun shop by the 'salesperson'? Join a gun club. Then go to your friendly neighbourhood gun shop, pull out your RPAL card and your wallet and say 'I'll take that one!'. They will verify your RPAL, then you lay down the coin, and they'll initiate the transfer. Give it a day, call the CFO's office for your province and give them the reference number provided to you by the store. Then they'll probably want a fax or scan of your club membership. Check back repeatedly until the transfer is approved (this time will vary depending on province. Out West it's not usually much more than a day or two). Request an e-mail with your transfer notification, print it out, it will serve as your temporary registration until the real paperwork shows up via snail mail. Take your printed off copy of the transfer notification to your gun shop, along with a lockable case and trigger lock. Pick up your gun, secure it and head home. At the current time, your RPAL card paired with a valid club membership is all you need to transport your restricted gun home from the store, to the range and back or to a gunsmith. The current Federal government is looking at changing that back to paperwork required in the future, so if you wait too long my advice will change slightly.....

Awndray's version of events is more for online sales or private purchases .
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

awndray (02-22-2016)