Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    According to their website these seem to be designed for the AR-15 rifle, and remanufactured at your request for the LAR15 pistol. Unfortunately that means they should be pinned to 5.

Zahal just had similar mags deemed prohib (Elander mags stamped like yours) and Irunguns was just told the Hexmags are prohib too.

Be careful here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    According to their website these seem to be designed for the AR-15 rifle, and remanufactured at your request for the LAR15 pistol (*). Unfortunately that means they should be pinned to 5.

Zahal just had similar mags deemed prohib (Elander mags stamped like yours) and Irunguns was just told the Hexmags are prohib too.

Be careful here.
    Please be so kind as to post a link to this (*) information. Thank you.

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    According to their website these seem to be designed for the AR-15 rifle, and remanufactured at your request for the LAR15 pistol. Unfortunately that means they should be pinned to 5.

Be careful here.
    As can be seen in photos in this thread the Hexmags were not properly marked, but I can't speak to the Elander ones, since I've not seen one. Maybe they were not marked correctly either.

According to the letter from the RCMP we have on file they need to be marked correctly and done so at the factory. These are manufactured by ASC as 10rd mags and marked at the factory appropriately according to said letter. Nowhere does it say they need to be in 10rd bodies.

As I've mentioned in a previous post in this thread, I've thoroughly reviewed the firearms act, the criminal code and all of the RCMP special bulletins for businesses and there is no reference to these mags anywhere. That said the RCMP is pretty good about informing us when they make new rules. For example, we have emails on file from them relating the the prohibition of the 80% AR lowers, the adoption of the SP1 standard, and the ruling on the 50 BW/458 mags needing to be limited to 5rds of 5.56, but nothing from them about these mags.

If anyone can provide something to demonstrate that an official determination has been made we would be very grateful.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Marshall

lone-wolf (06-11-2019)