Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    You don't want to dehydrate brown sugar. You want the opposite. You can buy a "sugar keeper" that is basically a piece of terracotta soaked in water. Put it in the air tight sugar container. Repeat every 3 months or so.
    Huh, the things you learn on a lunch break.
    Who knew?
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    You can buy a "sugar keeper" that is basically a piece of terracotta soaked in water. Put it in the air tight sugar container.

http://progressiveintl.com/products/brown-sugar-keeper
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005M8Y3YE

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    How do you keep the sugar from hardening? Mine always seems to turn into hardened block that need to pulverizing before use.
    Our house is so bloody dry, sugar hardening isn't a problem. I do get a few lumps now an again after it's been on the shelf for a couple of years, but it NEVER turns into a solid mass or anything close to it.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Superstore had 24 packs of bottled water on for $2.22 so I picked up a couple of cases.....AND PUT THEM WHERE THE WIFE AND KIDS WILL LEAVE THEM ALONE. Lol.

I also finished assembling the components for my completely portable HF ham station. Theres a lot of refining to do and repackaging but its complete. Im heading back to the arctic for a couple of weeks, so we'll see how it measures up.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Princess Auto currently has their 20 litre blue Specter water containers on sale for a few bucks off always a good time to stock up. These are about the best things I've seen for reliably storing water for a few years or so, add a dash of chlorine bleach to city water (more for untreated water) and just change it out for fresh after that long. The deal is on until May 20 something, did not note the exact date, sorry.
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

In the thriving metropolis of Beiseker AB.
    Filled the freezer with beef, making a bunch of jerkey, and all the beef trimmings into dog food. The garden will be all planted this weekend too.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    You had me at Bacon

NFA

7. The Following User Liked This Post By mavrik9

pitw (05-20-2018)

Planted the bulk of our new orchard. Peaches, plums, apricot, apple, cherry, butternut, almond and heartnut trees, white currant, blueberry and gooseberry bushes.
    Also 4 apple trees by our deer plot, proso millet 2 locations for the birds(pheasant/turkey)
    Today wife's picking up tomato plants.

Doubt the peach, sweet cherry or almond trees will survive but will try them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Planted the bulk of our new orchard. Peaches, plums, apricot, apple, cherry, butternut, almond and heartnut trees, white currant, blueberry and gooseberry bushes.
    Also 4 apple trees by our deer plot, proso millet 2 locations for the birds(pheasant/turkey)
    Today wife's picking up tomato plants.

Doubt the peach, sweet cherry or almond trees will survive but will try them anyway.
    Prepare to become very popular with the local birds. Look for deals in protective netting.
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

The crows attack the cherry tree here as soon as they come in
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Cycled the bottled water with fresh stock. Not really done today but over the last few months, I started washing and keeping the plastic gallon milk jugs so I can refill with water if a guy needs to. Should have been doing that a long time ago...
    A mind is like a parachute. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263 LastLast