Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tokarev TT-33

Finally got some time to shoot mine (Polish made) and I love it!! What a hoot, and as pointed out, love the "bark" when you squeeze the trigger. I splurged and bought a case of the Norinco non-corrosive ammo as I rarely have time to clean when I get back from the range. A few buddies were out and they also enjoyed shooting it to the point that they are now looking to acquire one. Can't speak too much to the accuracy as I have only been shooting steel, but I can say that zippy round lets you know when you do hit the steel. I would say 6 out of 8 shots were hitting the plate (about a 10" target) at 50 yards.

I have a Chinese 54-1 and a Russian. Both are nice units, very reliable, easy to strip and clean. I would recommend against the Chinese 54-1 with the safety - the safety was an addition to satisfy US laws, it is stiff and awkward to operate, and the screws holding it in place loosen with use.

I have an unissued Polish tt 33 made in 1950. Immaculate to look at when I received it and shot pretty well the first few times I had it to the range. Than I had the misfortune of the ejector retaining pin coming out and lost the ejector spring. Ordered another ejector and spring because I couldn't just get the spring. Worked for a few rounds than the pistol would only fire one round then eject and chamber a round but the hammer would fall. Had some double fires because of this and gave me the heevygeevies so I stopped firing the gun. I'm wondering what the problem might be , I clean the gun meticulously after every visit to the range . Just rotted , crap load of ammo and not sure if I should just buy another pistol and swap out parts to see what the cause is. No gunsmith by any means but they aren't that complicated to detail strip. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

South East from the center of the Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by paininthe10 View Post
    I have an unissued Polish tt 33 made in 1950. Immaculate to look at when I received it and shot pretty well the first few times I had it to the range. Than I had the misfortune of the ejector retaining pin coming out and lost the ejector spring. Ordered another ejector and spring because I couldn't just get the spring. Worked for a few rounds than the pistol would only fire one round then eject and chamber a round but the hammer would fall. Had some double fires because of this and gave me the heevygeevies so I stopped firing the gun. I'm wondering what the problem might be , I clean the gun meticulously after every visit to the range . Just rotted , crap load of ammo and not sure if I should just buy another pistol and swap out parts to see what the cause is. No gunsmith by any means but they aren't that complicated to detail strip. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Buy a 1911 and forget about the Tok.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
    Sigmund Freud refers to the Irish.

I have a Serbian M-57, new manufacture, brand new when I got it. Never misses a beat, and over 500 rounds through it. Easy to clean as I am using corrosive ammo; seconds to disassemble, good spray-down with Gunzilla, wipe and oil. Not a bit of rust anywhere. One pin in the trigger group works out a bit during shooting, so I have to wiggle the trigger group to get it out, and when I get around to it, I will give it a drop of lock-tite.

I'm not shooting it too well yet, but others can, so it's me and not the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by paininthe10 View Post
    Replace your hammer.
    I know you said it is unissued BUT I can guarantee when you take the old one out the full cock notch is just about worn off.
    There have been a few threads about TT33s doing this and 95% of the time this is the problem.
    I know because this is the exact same thing mine was doing.
    Literally 15 minutes from start to finish to change the hammer and pew pew pew again.
    It is good to remember that a 9mm might expand but a .45 won't shrink
    CSSA and CCFR Member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234