Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned
    Well this advice may be a bit premature - but I picked up a Tula TOZ-34ER This last fall; and I love it.

Over under, 12g, takedown style, Full choke over Imperial Modified (not entirely sure about that part?) firm, solid, internal hammers with indicators (brass dots that sink after firing). The triggers are what I would call typical Tula - never measured the pull but I would say 5+ pounds anyway. Ive yet to actually bag game or skeet with it; but it has rescued my dads chainsaw once. Yes, you read that correctly. I paid $550 for it used; If you find one go for it -- or better still, tell ME!

Quote Originally Posted by jwirecom109 View Post
    Down to two choices:

CZ Redhead Deluxe 12 gauge, roughly 875 before taxes and shipping (can't find any reviews on the web about this one, CZ makes a good one, but the dealer is selling it below cost of what CZ suggests on their site)
    No idea where to get extra chokes
    and
    Franchi renascence 12 gauge, roughly 1120 before taxes and shipping (price was $2000 they stop shipping them in Canada, so dealers are blowing them out, but Franchi still shows a different deigns of them on their website)
    Chokes are easy to get as they use the benelli chokes

Suggestions between the two? Reviews? thoughts? anyone tried either of them?
    Re CZ's - Wolverines has both the Redhead Deluxe and RingNeck (SxS) in stock; for under $840, I don't think anyone can go wrong. Haven't read any in debt reviews on either of them.

I mentionned in another thread (Plan for 2013) that I had this "want" of a SxS, so any of you guys who've had experience with the Ring Neck, don't be shy!

Winchester select.
    cheap and "good enough"
    try Don at Silver Willow, he used to have them.

Well a bit late to this party by a year or so....but for what it's worth to anyone else looking for a shotgun the Tradex Simson shotguns are phenomenal. They rolled off the exact same line as Merkel shotguns in the same factory at the same time. They literally just stamped them different. For $600 I got a gun that has been hunted with but not abused and stamped Q1 on the under barrel locking lug...meaning it's their superior quality. Other designations I think were just 1/2/3...I had looked them up at one point and can't remember now.

Anyway those guns are every inch a $2-3000 gun for a very reasonable price. The only downside is the fixed chokes that don't have enough metal to tap for removable ones(tapered barrels). Well my shotgun has full/full for chokes so what I did is order a shotgun barrel hone(2 stone style) from Brownells for about $15 plus shipping and I'm going to hone out the chokes to about a modified which I should have enough metal to do and still have about 40 thou or so left(started at 60 thou). Actually I should probably have 50 thou left as removing 10 thou from the sidewalls should give me 20 thou on the diameter....hmmm..this post has proven productive.

Anyway if I had the money I'd be ordering another one to beat the crap out of as that's what I was planning on doing with this one but all my funds have been soaked up in components and rimfire ammo for the time being. Ordering things like TSX's isn't cheap...in fact it makes buying a new gun look affordable.

Hi Jwire:
    If you are looking for a SXS shotgun.
    In either 12 or 20 Gauge.
    Get a Browning BSS.
    I have one in 20 gauge and is probably the last gun I will own. THE ONE I HAVE HAS THE PISTOL GRIP.
    I had 2 more sxs, Stoeger and the other a Stevens, I really liked the Stevens.
    I had one in 410 and one in 12 gauge. [STEVENS].
    It might take you a while to find a BSS by Browning, but it will worth the wait.
    It took me 3 years before I was able to buy mine.
    [IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT.]
    THEY ARE NOT CHEAP.

Quote Originally Posted by lroy View Post
    Hi Jwire:
    If you are looking for a SXS shotgun.
    In either 12 or 20 Gauge.
    Get a Browning BSS.
    I have one in 20 gauge and is probably the last gun I will own. THE ONE I HAVE HAS THE PISTOL GRIP.
    I had 2 more sxs, Stoeger and the other a Stevens, I really liked the Stevens.
    I had one in 410 and one in 12 gauge. [STEVENS].
    It might take you a while to find a BSS by Browning, but it will worth the wait.
    It took me 3 years before I was able to buy mine.
    [IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT.]
    THEY ARE NOT CHEAP.
    Considering this was 5 years ago, he might have already bought one or two.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By JustBen

Grizz Axxemann (01-07-2018)

HI JWire
    I had 2 Browning Citories
    1 model 625 in 20 Gauge
    1 model 725 in 12 gauge.
    Loved them both, but Allas I sold them as they were too nice for me.
    I still have 2 new 870's 20 & 12, 1 H&R Combo 20/30-30, 2 Cooey 410's, 1 Cooey 840 12 gauge, 1 Remington 870 with a 19-1/2" barrel, and my favourite, a Browning BSS in 20 gauge
    Your old friend old timer Lou

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234