Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    An old thread yes figure an update would be useful.

The shop where I'm apprenticing currently uses Armacoat because it's Canadian. The problem is they seem to be dropping the amount of colours they have. We are currently looking at moving to duracoat for the better selection.

Dismissing the amount of colours, Armacoat works perfectly fine and hardens pretty good in my opinion. I've torture tested one of my guns that I had the barrel armacoated and it's survived quite a bit. Without an oven to bake parts, it takes a total of 21 days for Armacoat to fully harden.

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    An old thread yes figure an update would be useful.

The shop where I'm apprenticing currently uses Armacoat because it's Canadian. The problem is they seem to be dropping the amount of colours they have. We are currently looking at moving to duracoat for the better selection.

Dismissing the amount of colours, Armacoat works perfectly fine and hardens pretty good in my opinion. I've torture tested one of my guns that I had the barrel armacoated and it's survived quite a bit. Without an oven to bake parts, it takes a total of 21 days for Armacoat to fully harden.
    Thanks for the support of a canadian product.Our color selection is low due to the base sales of each color, Our major colors sell alot (matte black ,magpul fde,olive green) and we found other colors tend to sit for alot longer. But If any shop out there requires a custom made color of their choice or have the demand for it they can send in a color plate of the desired color and we can make this in 1 gallon quantities for the shop to keep the color on their shelf. So basically we can make any color you want as long as the can support sales for that color. Any other questions feel free reply or call.
    ARMA-COAT FINISHES

- Arma-coat Coatings
    - Parkerizing ( Carbon steel finishes)
    - Nitron Coating (stainless and carbon steel finishes)
    - Abrasive blasting Services
    - Media polishing Services
    - Hot Black Oxide services

780-398-2678
    www.arma-coat.ca

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Arma-Coat

Specter Arms (04-27-2017)

cerakote is more durable. all my limited guns are pimped and it includes their finish. i have one 9mm with a duracoat finish and there's no way it even approach the durability of heated cerakote. holstering and draws is a very good testing frame for the durability of both finish....and it's well known that cerakote can endure much more abrasion cycles than duracoat or armacoat.
    Last edited by glockfan; 04-21-2017 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Arma-Coat View Post
    Thanks for the support of a canadian product.Our color selection is low due to the base sales of each color, Our major colors sell alot (matte black ,magpul fde,olive green) and we found other colors tend to sit for alot longer. But If any shop out there requires a custom made color of their choice or have the demand for it they can send in a color plate of the desired color and we can make this in 1 gallon quantities for the shop to keep the color on their shelf. So basically we can make any color you want as long as the can support sales for that color. Any other questions feel free reply or call.
    Thanks for the heads up and will let my boss know! We prefer to keep things Canadian as much as possible!

And just as important as supporting Made in Canada, if it's cold outside, don't forget to WearaCoat

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By tinbird

glockfan (04-22-2017), JustBen (04-22-2017), M1917 Enfield (04-22-2017)

It's good to support Canadian made..
    Last edited by deerbeargrouse; 04-26-2017 at 10:39 AM.

On the topic of ArmaCoat, does anyone know where a guy can get the Preval spray bombs from the kits? I picked up a couple of pints at a gun show a couple years ago but they were sold out of the sprayers.

Driving out to Thorhild from Edmonton isn't very cost effective right now (it'd be a great run on the bike once it's warmer and I have money for fuel and insurance) and having it sent via CP's extortionist prices is dumb to me. What can I say? I have a really hard time paying more for shipping than the cost of the item.
    General purpose troublemaker with a few gems of knowledge from time to time. Yep. I'm the same in real life too.
    GOC's Official, Unofficial 10mm Auto fanboy. So rabid that I'm willing to tell off mods and happily take the infraction.

So are all these coats basically brand name powder coating or is there something different about them?

Sent from my E6560T using Tapatalk

Think more of an epoxy-based paint.
    General purpose troublemaker with a few gems of knowledge from time to time. Yep. I'm the same in real life too.
    GOC's Official, Unofficial 10mm Auto fanboy. So rabid that I'm willing to tell off mods and happily take the infraction.

So does any one powder coat their rifles? Or bad idea.

Sent from my E6560T using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast