Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Do I need a range membership?

Hi all sorry if this is a dumb question but hey I'm a newb, So I'm wondering if I need to have a range membership to buy a pistol? I'm on three different waiting lists one that I guy I work with has been on for like two and a half years!! The other only has intake in November. So I'm wanting to have a pistol when I'm able to go use it not wait another x amount of time. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

Edenchef (05-30-2015)

Hey man thanks, good thing I have nothing else to do this afternoon I'll bet there is a lot of reading there

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    The best thing to do is call up the CFO's office and ask. They change their own internal policies (aka- make up the law as they go along) with no notice to anyone. Tell them that you're going to be getting one, but there's a wait list...whatever. Can I still buy one now while I'm waiting to get into xyz-club ?
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

That's probably the best way to go, no guessing

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Canuck 4393

DOA (02-21-2015)

What province are you in? That is the easiest way to tell

In Bc you can just join silvercore while you wait. It's not a range but it IS a "club"

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Waynetheman

BigRhino (02-22-2015), Drache (02-21-2015)

I live on the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan. Great little dirt ball called Lloyd. When I asked I was told I had to be part of my local piston club to make my life easier with restricted because as big brother sees is why do you purchase restricted firearm and be unable to legally shoot it at the range. The part that sucks in your position is the long wait

When you buy a restricted firearm in Ontario, the retailer will typically ask you what club you belong to. You can answer with the club you intend to join. The transfer may or may not be questioned. Silvercore method has been used in Ontario but I think that method is dead ended now You will get a variety of answers on this subject, but in Ontario, for most people, for the time being, you need to join a club to get a restricted firearm for practical purposes, and to join a club and attend a "ATT course" in order to use it at the club. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part this is the case. Some ranges might even demand that you have evidence of training beyond the basic RPAL and ATT course before you can participate in events(even non competitive)- but that is a separate issue.

In the future if the provincial CFO has their way I doubt you will be able to use a range on your own,- you will be required to shoot under a trained RSO at specified time- but that is just conjecture based on interactions with them.
    "You Cannot Comply Your Way Out of Tyranny"

Welcome to the convoluted world of gun ownership.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast