View Poll Results: How long does it take to issue a club-level ATT in Ontario?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Within a week

2 14.29%
  • Within two weeks

0 0%
  • Within three weeks

5 35.71%
  • One month

5 35.71%
  • More than two months

2 14.29%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by riderrick View Post
    so is it a club rule or cfo rule, the club applying for the att? here in bc I just faxed proof of membership to the cfo to get my att. not that I liked having to prove it but I needed membership to shoot so what the heck....it is the only place to shoot in my area.
    it's a CFO "policy" which is not enforceable period. Though some club out there might have some moronic version of it on their own.. if they do they are not worth it flat out and tell them so.

And remember you did not have to prove anything.. membership is not required by law and that is what matters.

Somehing to point out. The regulation states an att THAT TAKES THE FORM OF A CONDITION ATTACHED TO A LICENSE must blah blah blah. If the att is part of the license, then it doesn't take the form of an attached condition. (Sorry for the caps am on my phone)
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire1 View Post
    Somehing to point out. The regulation states an att THAT TAKES THE FORM OF A CONDITION ATTACHED TO A LICENSE must blah blah blah. If the att is part of the license, then it doesn't take the form of an attached condition. (Sorry for the caps am on my phone)
    It does indeed but not in the method you are most likely thinking.. but more like if you get a change on your DL they put a sticker on it and give you a piece of paper til a new one is made and arrives in the mail.

ATTs however all require possession of the license at the same time and a new license is not issued everytime etc... therefore until it is changed that part of the regulation is in essence a moot point since there is no ATT attatched by default.

However the way the wording is implies there are other forms an att may take other than an attached condition.
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire1 View Post
    However the way the wording is implies there are other forms an att may take other than an attached condition.
    There are but those fall into the ATC classification as well as those that do not need an att such as executors of an estate do not need an att or even a license to transport the firearms of the person in questions estate.

Suffice to say it's as usual a very poorly worded piece of legislation. (all of c-17 and 68 are for that matter)

When I bought my first restricted the transfer took longer than the time it took to get my ATT!

Edit:

Just noticed the Ontario part
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny_Guns View Post
    When I bought my first restricted the transfer took longer than the time it took to get my ATT!

Edit:

Just noticed the Bantario part

Corrected for you

and sadly it's country wide with such lunacy..

It all depends on how willing your club rep is to keep making phone calls.

Using normal mail or e-mail allows them to keep putting you on the backburner.

As soon as your get them on the phone for one-on-one communication, it brings your file from the bottom of the pile to the top.

After I took the test at my range, it was pushing two weeks with not hearing anything, so my range guy made the phone call and I had the file e-mailed to him then me right away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    It all depends on how willing your club rep is to keep making phone calls.

Using normal mail or e-mail allows them to keep putting you on the backburner.

As soon as your get them on the phone for one-on-one communication, it brings your file from the bottom of the pile to the top.

After I took the test at my range, it was pushing two weeks with not hearing anything, so my range guy made the phone call and I had the file e-mailed to him then me right away.
    Assuming those that are applying for such fail to understand they do not need the club rep to get such at all. The ATT is issued from the CFC/CFO to the RPAL holder.. the club legally has no part of that process and anyone can apply for their own w/o help from any club.

1. Thank you for not failing to live up to my expectation of you that you must try to start a fight in every thread.

2. It is not that the club rep has the authority to give you the ATT, but they are a good source to keep the pressure on the CFO to see where the application is in the process. In my experience, my calls effectively saying "Where is my LT-ATT?" did not get very far, but right after my club rep called, they seemed to be more willing to help out quickly.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast