Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RPAL interviews

My call definitely seemed to kick-start the process. The site had shown my application as "processing" for around 2 weeks before I called in, and it didn't sound like there had been an attempt to contact anybody at that point.

The lady was very friendly and helpful, I can't stress that enough. She volunteered the information about my reference phoning in, and the criteria for requiring interviews, without being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by killer_chickens View Post
    For what it's worth, she told me that the interview requirements are based on the results of the background check that's done as part of the process.
    I wonder what their deal is with me? I've been waiting more than a month AFTER the reference called in and nothing yet. I will call them tomorrow and see what's up.

Can't imagine they'd find anything on me that would give them grief - it's not like I'm even asking for a PAL to get my 1st gun... wife and I are both grandfathered for just about everything but full-auto.

LOL
    pog mo thon

They never called me for my Rpal just my references. I was expecting a call but it never came but my rpal did! woot!

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Never in the history of the FAC or PAL have any references been called. Neither have 2 ex wives been contacted. (or wife #3). I have just received my new license in the mail and the process was just under 5 weeks.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

I got my license in the mail but it was wrong. Expecting the corrected on this week
    pog mo thon

I was listed as a reference for two friends. I was interviewed for one of them. When I applied, I was interviewed, as were both of my references.

I applied for my Restricted PAL on Aug 2nd, on Sept 9th the website showed that it was received Aug 8th and was in progress. I called in Sept 15th and asked if they had everything they needed. The lady said it all looked good, so I asked if it was possible for me to do my interview. She stated that it would not be necessary for me or my wife to be interviewed and told me just to get one of my two references to call in and quote my file number to do his interview. My friend called the same day, took less than 5 minutes to answer the questions. Next day I called in to ask if my reference had called in (even though I knew he had). I was told it was done and they just needed to scan my photo. Today the website shows my application as approved and that I should receive my license in less than two weeks.

My new one arrived this week with all my prohib classes.
    pog mo thon

Congrats Gaidheal! at least that is over and done with.

Thanks!

Hopefully eveyone else will have a better go at their than I did. Sounds like it anyway.
    pog mo thon

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast