Thompson Center Muzzleloaders

I'm considering a muzzleloader for next year. TC offerings seem to be reasonably priced. Even their bolts seem decent. Does anybody here have anything to say about the brand, or any of a specific model?

I have the triumph and it is excellent..... My only advice is to spend the money and make sure you get the break action type.... soooooo much easier to clean and load......
    It's no fun punning with a Kleptomaniac... they keep taking things, literally.

Curious, did you ever make a decision? I recently acquired a T/C Prohunter .50 that I'll be putting up for sale in the next few weeks, quite the nice gun.
    Happiness is a Warm Gun

I run their bottom of the line T/C Impact. It's head and shoulders above the Traditions I had before it, though that was a budget model as well.... I feel like the T/C gave me my $250 worth, whereas I felt ripped off with the $200 I spent on that stupid E-bolt...
    My only complaint is the 3 inch (or so) extension you need to thread on to the ramrod every time you need to use it. That's pretty common on break action models though. (At least I think it is....?)

And now I see this is a necropost....

Banned
    I guess it really depends on what you want to do with it. I have a Pedersoli Kentucky Long Rifle, Flintlock. This was the gun that took me to the darkside, Holy Black Powder. It is so much fun to shoot and has introduced a LOT of people to shooting for fun. It has never failed to put an ear to ear grin on anybody their first time shooting it, newcomers to oldtimers. It also looks great hanging on the wall. No trigger lock or any other silly storage regulations required.

Cheers!

[IMG][/IMG]

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Edenchef

3MTA3 (04-08-2015)

Still love my .54 Hawken that was given to me by my grandpappy and went on to drop my first deer with. The inline is just so much easier for hunting season...

I have a TC Hawken flintlock 50- Great gun! But it is a PIA to clean. definitely satisfied with it
    "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

Trudeau Out Now!!!