Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
    Your setup looks really good.
    One of the major things i dislike about CADEX (not in yours but in ones i usually see), is how they usually have this jacked rail at the rear, that goes full rail to the front and need a 1.5'' high rings after.
    They look way too jacked, i'll try to find a pic of what i'm speaking of

Yes, this one is the Field Open Top. No chassis mounted rail. The nice thing about the open top, is you mount your rail right on the action. I agree, I don't like those very tall rails. I've seen some builds that the scopes are mounted a mile away from the barrel. Not only do you need a huge cheek "pillow" to get up that high, but the margin for error increases because the scope is so far away.

EM Precision Rifles Schecter 81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Yes, I see that. Here is something similar in a Cadex. The fore end doesn't rise like the MDT so I can really get the scope low. I like mine the lowest possible and it works well on this build. The rail is 20moa.

The difference between the Cadex forend and the MDT forend is the cut out actually allows the scope to be mounted lower to the bore axis and you dont see the rail forend. The scope bell is able to be "counter sunk" into the cut out thus allowing the scope to get about 1/4" lower. It also has the MDT skeleton stock which has a higher comb and allows for a better cheek weld. The Cadex Field series with the PRS tend to have a low cheek weld. Especially if you opt for the Cadex rail. We try to only build on the open top Cadex chassis for this reason and always suggest going with the Cadex skeleton stock with the inline comb.

Mine in the Cadex above looks like the scope is lower than the MDT you posted. I don't have any issues with getting a nice comfortable cheek weld with the prs. I might look into the skeleton on the 6.5 build, since I'm going to use the same Field Open Top chassis.
    Last edited by 6MT; 05-17-2017 at 11:21 AM.

my modest pair of precision rifles....

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By NoDanger

Swampdonkey (05-29-2017), TheHydrant (05-29-2017)

Some new developments. I had some medical issues almost 8 weeks ago. This put me behind on load development for the new Timberwolf. While I was waiting, I got Steve from EM Precision to replace the OEM brakes on the Timberwolf and also my Coyote. I just didn't like the OEM brake from PGW. Steve spun on the new Shockwave brakes on both rifles. Now the .338 has the recoil characteristics of a non-braked .308. Also, I just received a SilencerCo SWR Radius Laser rangefinder. And I just got it mounted on the Timberwolf. Unfortunately it wouldn't mount with the LRA F-Class bipod because the bipod cradle sits too high. I'm glad I have an extra LRA Light Tactical in the safe, so I tried it out. And voila! I just might try it out tomorrow, although the load development is more important.

Fun times!!

8. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By 6MT

kennymo (05-27-2017), Madrach (05-27-2017), Swampdonkey (05-29-2017), TheHydrant (05-29-2017)

^^ Just read up on that. Seems like a neat piece of gear, watching with interest.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Sub MOA is all the precision I need.

IMG_5600.jpg

Ok, the twins are finished.

sorry Steve

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 6MT

Swampdonkey (05-29-2017), TheHydrant (05-29-2017)

And now some artistic freedom....

14. The Following User Liked This Post By 6MT

TheHydrant (05-31-2017)

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast