Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Holy, why do you think I'm asking the question on their subforum, if not to find out? lol
    LOL - well perhaps i phrased that poorly, i meant you should probably get them to clarify specifically what state they ship the mags in directly

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Can I order ammo from the website?
    Can I order magazines from the website that would require being pinned?

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    Yes you can order ammo from us. However, our regular shipping cost do not apply as it is very expensive to ship once in Canada.

As for magazines, if you order any magazine from us we pin or block it as required. If you would like us to import a magazine you acquired from another source in the US we charge $10 per mag to make them Canada legal. It is correct that they must be made legal before we import them or CBSA gets to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    Yes you can order ammo from us. However, our regular shipping cost do not apply as it is very expensive to ship once in Canada.

As for magazines, if you order any magazine from us we pin or block it as required. If you would like us to import a magazine you acquired from another source in the US we charge $10 per mag to make them Canada legal. It is correct that they must be made legal before we import them or CBSA gets to keep them.
    Awesome, I already seen some good prices on your website for hard to find(or crazy expensive) magazines in Canada.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

www.aztecharmory.ca
    We have a lot of products available that are not loaded on the site as well, so if you don't see it just ask and we can likely get it for you.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Marshall

lone-wolf (01-01-2015)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradofcanada View Post
    Can places like Marstar not import them and pin them themselves?
    Oh....we had that discussion with the CFO inspector when we were getting our firearm dealers license. There is exactly ONE way to pull that off. You MUST have a contract with a government agency that is allowed to buy unpinned magazines. Even then, ordering in a bunch in that aren't done, and pinning half of them to be sold to the public is not allowed. That being said, I know of at least one retailer who's doing it quietly. No, it's not us. No it's not Marstar (that I know of) and I'm not going to elaborate because that's just being a rat. I just know it's being done.

The official answer is NO NO NO, they aren't allowed to do that.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Oh....we had that discussion with the CFO inspector when we were getting our firearm dealers license. There is exactly ONE way to pull that off. You MUST have a contract with a government agency that is allowed to buy unpinned magazines. Even then, ordering in a bunch in that aren't done, and pinning half of them to be sold to the public is not allowed. That being said, I know of at least one retailer who's doing it quietly. No, it's not us. No it's not Marstar (that I know of) and I'm not going to elaborate because that's just being a rat. I just know it's being done.

The official answer is NO NO NO, they aren't allowed to do that.
    Hopefully no CFO types ever read your post. It might be 'uncomfortable' for you when your licence renewal time comes.

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Well you need to find out. It may not be illegal for them to ship them, but it sure as hell will be illegal for you to get them here if they're not pinned.

Your only other option if you live close to the border is to order them to a us mail or parcel receiving service (there are many and cheap, only costs when the parcel comes in) and then go and pin them yourself before bringing it back across the border. Take some snap caps to show the guard i guess.
    With all due respect Foxer, that is bad advice.
    Fact is it's illegal to export them from the US unless you are registered with the DDTC. The CBSA (Canadian Customs) won't care, but if you get stopped at a random check by the CBP (US Customs) on the way out - yes they do that - the best case scenario is that they confiscate your parts and put you on a list that will get you shaken down every time you head south from then until forever. This applies to all firearms parts listed on the USML (United State Munitions List)... including ammo.

Here's a link to the USML for reference... https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/documents/official_itar/ITAR_Part_121.pdf

If you have any questions about this please let me know and I'll be happy to provide clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    With all due respect Foxer, that is bad advice.
    Fact is it's illegal to export them from the US unless you are registered with the DDTC. The CBSA (Canadian Customs) won't care, but if you get stopped at a random check by the CBP (US Customs) on the way out - yes they do that - the best case scenario is that they confiscate your parts and put you on a list that will get you shaken down every time you head south from then until forever. This applies to all firearms parts listed on the USML (United State Munitions List)... including ammo.

Here's a link to the USML for reference... https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/documents/official_itar/ITAR_Part_121.pdf

If you have any questions about this please let me know and I'll be happy to provide clarification.
    Ahh - so you'd skirt our magazine laws only to run afoul of the american export laws.

So much for 'free trade'

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Foxer

lone-wolf (01-09-2015), Marshall (01-09-2015)

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Ahh - so you'd skirt our magazine laws only to run afoul of the american export laws.

So much for 'free trade'
    Sad but true... Freedom isn't Free afterall. I know hundreds of us get away with on a regular basis, especially with ammo, but we all should know the risk.

One thing I'd like to see is KCI magazines, specifically for the m1 carbine.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast