Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very nice rifle. I'd love to try one!

Marstar sold these. Maybe they are the ones that picked up the rifles from the U.S.......and never paid AIA. Maybe that is also why they have never got anymore and never got any of the magazines because they screwed AIA over in the first place and they would never do business with them.

An acquaintance of mine has an AIA No.4. If they are that rare, I should leave my name with him if he wants to sell it.
    Last edited by Sabio; 04-03-2015 at 10:58 AM.
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

Beautiful rifle. Love that stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    Beautiful rifle. Love that stock.
    Thanks. The teak is heavy. My rifle has been at the leather maker for over a month now. Hopefully he will finish the cheek riser for me soon. I'd really like to shoot it again.

I'm actually at the Calgary gun show and was surprised to see one at the Wolverine table. It sold.
    VA6SZ / VA6TTT

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Thanks. The teak is heavy. My rifle has been at the leather maker for over a month now. Hopefully he will finish the cheek riser for me soon. I'd really like to shoot it again.

I'm actually at the Calgary gun show and was surprised to see one at the Wolverine table. It sold.
    Be sure to post the results of this too!
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Government isn't a tool, it's a weapon

Marstar imported rifles directly from AIA and I am quite sure they had nothing to do with the 7.62X39 rifles that ended up in Canada via the US. The principal from AIA that I have corresponded with has total respect for John and Marstar and told me IF they ever export to Canada again John will have first right of refusal and he hoped they would be their dealer again.

There are very very few rifles in the US and in the entire debacle AIA was never paid for any of the 7.62X39 rifles they shipped to the US according to the principal from AIA.

There is a gentleman in AU that has cheek pieces (he had a few left a couple of years ago) and I bought one from him. It wasn't expensive and it arrived quite quickly, I put it on my "39". My B2 has one and in reality it shouldn't as seeing as the butt has a raised comb with the cheek piece installed it prevents the bolt from being removed.

Both of the guns I have are more than capable of hitting a clay pigeon at 300 yards and have done it numerous times. I use cheap Norinco 39 copper wash ammo and reloads or Norma Match ammo for the B2 and it is a very accurate gun with a Pecar scope. I originally considered putting a good mildot scope on the B2 but once I bought it decided the Pecar looked so good on it left it alone.

I now rarely shoot them, they seem to be safe queens and that is OK with me as they are in perfect condition. I do know where there is a No 4 also in perfect condition and may buy it one of these days. I would like to get my hands on a B3, they are extremely rare and great guns IF you could find one.

I know one person in particular slagged them however as far as I know that person NEVER shot one. Are they perfect, no they are not however they are fantastic shooters and well worth the money you need to spend to get one.
    Last edited by Lee Enfield; 04-03-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Be sure to post the results of this too!
    Yep! I will post pics when it's done.
    VA6SZ / VA6TTT

Those who know, know. Those who don't, speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    Those who know, know. Those who don't, speculate.
    ....eh?
    VA6SZ / VA6TTT

10. The Following User Liked This Post By 6MT

lone-wolf (04-10-2015)

OK, here's the pictures of the cheek rest that I had made.

I had it made at George's Harness & Saddlery in Ryley, AB. It has a nice rise from the really low comb of the butt stock. It should prove adequate for an optic, if I choose to go that route. The leather has a nice color to almost match the teak stock. And as is the case with the sling, it will darken over time.

And here's a close-up of the handi-work.

Last edited by 6MT; 04-25-2015 at 11:02 PM.
    VA6SZ / VA6TTT

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 6MT

Lee Enfield (04-25-2015), Prairie Dog (04-25-2015)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast