Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Criminal Code

R.S.C., 1985, c. C-46

An Act respecting the Criminal Law

Short title

1 This Act may be cited as the Criminal Code.

R.S., c. C-34, s. 1.

Interpretation
    Marginal note: Definitions

2 In this Act,

Act includes

(a) an Act of Parliament,

(b) an Act of the legislature of the former Province of Canada,

(c) an Act of the legislature of a province, and

(d) an Act or ordinance of the legislature of a province, territory or place in force at the time that province, territory or place became a province of Canada; (loi)

Certain weapons deemed not to be firearms

(3) For the purposes of sections 91 to 95, 99 to 101, 103 to 107 and 117.03 of this Act and the provisions of the Firearms Act, the following weapons are deemed not to be firearms:

(a) any antique firearm;

(b) any device that is

(i) designed exclusively for signalling, for notifying of distress, for firing blank cartridges or for firing stud cartridges, explosive-driven rivets or other industrial projectiles, and

(ii) intended by the person in possession of it to be used exclusively for the purpose for which it is designed;

(c) any shooting device that is

(i) designed exclusively for the slaughtering of domestic animals, the tranquillizing of animals or the discharging of projectiles with lines attached to them, and

(ii) intended by the person in possession of it to be used exclusively for the purpose for which it is designed; and

(d) any other barrelled weapon, where it is proved that the weapon is not designed or adapted to discharge

(i) a shot, bullet or other projectile at a muzzle velocity exceeding 152.4 m per second or at a muzzle energy exceeding 5.7 Joules, or

(ii) a shot, bullet or other projectile that is designed or adapted to attain a velocity exceeding 152.4 m per second or an energy exceeding 5.7 Joules.

Antique guns are also not according to the criminal code and firearms act to be deemed to be firearms for importation/exportation and shipping/posting within or outside of Canada or require a firearms licence to own and use!

Any person over 18 unless specifically proscribed otherwise may purchase and own one just the same as a kids Daisy Red Ryder BB gun which also does not require by law any firearms licence and like all low to medium-power BB/airguns remain exempt from the Firearms Act regulations!

Banned
    prohibited firearm means

(a) a handgun that

(i) has a barrel equal to or less than 105 mm in length, or

(ii) is designed or adapted to discharge a 25 or 32 calibre cartridge,

but does not include any such handgun that is prescribed, where the handgun is for use in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union,

(b) a firearm that is adapted from a rifle or shotgun, whether by sawing, cutting or any other alteration, and that, as so adapted,

(i) is less than 660 mm in length, or

(ii) is 660 mm or greater in length and has a barrel less than 457 mm in length,

(c) an automatic firearm, whether or not it has been altered to discharge only one projectile with one pressure of the trigger, or

(d) any firearm that is prescribed to be a prohibited firearm; (arme à feu prohibée)
    ---------------------------

Banned
    prohibition order means an order made under this Act or any other Act of Parliament prohibiting a person from possessing any firearm, cross-bow, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device, ammunition, prohibited ammunition or explosive substance, or all such things; (ordonnance d’interdiction)

Banned
    restricted firearm means

(a) a handgun that is not a prohibited firearm,

(b) a firearm that

(i) is not a prohibited firearm,

(ii) has a barrel less than 470 mm in length, and

(iii) is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner,

(c) a firearm that is designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm by folding, telescoping or otherwise, or

(d) a firearm of any other kind that is prescribed to be a restricted firearm; (arme à feu à autorisation restreinte)

Banned
    I can copy and paste also.... here's the kicker. You must read AND UNDERSTAND.

Okay, I give up!

While carrying any firearm may be an offence under certain circumstances, to some it is always offensive.

Pity!
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    While carrying any firearm may be an offence under certain circumstances, to some it is always offensive.

Pity!
    I always find gun control enthusiasts offensive; especially when they open their months and spew their stupid feelings as facts.

strap it on, walk into a provincial court, you'll find out

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    strap it on, walk into a provincial court, you'll find out
    That is not a valid point at all; just try walking into court with a 1/4 blade on a wallet card style multi tool. I have even heard that they confiscate nail clippers too.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast