Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    So here's a question - that shotlock looks to ME like it would accomodate a shotgun with a sidesaddle. (if it can do doubles, then it should be able to do that).

So - if there's ammo in the sidesaddle, presumably as long as it's locked IN the safe with the gun it's still considered 'locked' in a container and thus would comply with the legal storage requirements wouldn't it? I could see a cop saying that this is just a 'big trigger lock' instead of a safe, but the ammo is still stored in a locked container.

That'd be a very safe and effective way to keep a shotgun in the bedroom within the law but still very quickly available for use if a threat appeared.
    I think that's kind of the idea.. :P
    And as long as there is no ammo IN the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Funbar View Post
    I think that's kind of the idea.. :P
    And as long as there is no ammo IN the magazine.
    Seems to meet the legal requirements to me with not a lot of grey area. That's a very interesting product.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    So here's a question - that shotlock looks to ME like it would accomodate a shotgun with a sidesaddle. (if it can do doubles, then it should be able to do that).

So - if there's ammo in the sidesaddle, presumably as long as it's locked IN the safe with the gun it's still considered 'locked' in a container and thus would comply with the legal storage requirements wouldn't it? I could see a cop saying that this is just a 'big trigger lock' instead of a safe, but the ammo is still stored in a locked container.

That'd be a very safe and effective way to keep a shotgun in the bedroom within the law but still very quickly available for use if a threat appeared.
    Sure... ask me to interpret our storage laws. LOL

This much I know for sure, there is no way this would be considered anything other than a safe - not a locker or cabinet etc. It was purposely designed to store a firearm. The question with the side saddle or even a stock shell holder is whether that is legally considered separate and apart. That's for folks more knowledgeable than me to answer.

Regarding the ShotLock itself, the Shotgun version is actually not deep enough to accommodate a saddle. For accessorized carbines, rifles and shotguns you would need to go with the AR Vault. It is bigger and deeper. Below is a pic of a Beretta with sidesaddle.

My rep at ShotLock can confirm compatibility prior to purchase.
    North Trail Sports
    www.northtrailsports.com
    Our Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We're on it. Thank you.
    Package received. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Thanks for the update. Will let you know when I track down that g96
    And some lights....

Shouldn't be a problem. I'll look into it.
    I'm very interested, if you can get some.

Signed up for the newsletter. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12