Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I myself have gone the silvercore route and its been fine for 4 years now. I am also on wait lists and have been for 2 years. Its kind of bull**** that a guy has to wait that long but thems the breaks I guess.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo9mm View Post
    Welcome to the convoluted world of gun hating bureaucrats and their arbitrary regulations.
    Corrected for you.

Cheers!

I think it depends on the store, and what province it is in. I bought a restricted gun from a gun store on the east coast with the intention of having them ship it to me after I get my range membership, they said no need, they can mail to to me legally. Not sure why, I just said "okay great". It might have been because I was in the process of getting the membership.

I was thinking of going that route too. (ordering online) . Figured it might be easier to have shipped to my door than run into any issues. Im applying for my memberships right now (trying two different ranges.. see how that pans out) . I just want my first restricted so I can get used to it. What I mean by that is the cleaning/care of it, teardown and rebuild (field strip I believe its called?..) Safe handling. Just familiarizing myself with it first.

If you were buying out of the message boards on here, and the seller agreed to come to your place for the sale, its the same as being mailed correct? no ATT needed, until you intend to take it to your range.
    you buy cheap, you buy twice :-)

Just because it's coming from a dealer doesn't mean the CFO will accept the transfer. When you make the purchase, whether from a store or from an individual, the seller will initiate a transfer of the restricted firearm. You must then call the CFO to complete the transfer. Regardless of whether it's a retail sale or a private sale, the CFO will ask you for the purpose of the firearm and which club you're a member of. If you're in the process of becoming a member, say so. They probably will, but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll approve it. It sucks that it has to be this way, but that's how the Ontario CFO operates.

As for a seller delivering it to you, he or she will need to obtain an ATT. You will not.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Just because it's coming from a dealer doesn't mean the CFO will accept the transfer. When you make the purchase, whether from a store or from an individual, the seller will initiate a transfer of the restricted firearm. You must then call the CFO to complete the transfer. Regardless of whether it's a retail sale or a private sale, the CFO will ask you for the purpose of the firearm and which club you're a member of. If you're in the process of becoming a member, say so. They probably will, but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll approve it. It sucks that it has to be this way, but that's how the Ontario CFO operates.

As for a seller delivering it to you, he or she will need to obtain an ATT. You will not.
    So what happens then if they deny it?

You're guess is as good as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    You're guess is as good as mine.
    No where to return it..lol... cant sell it.... probably they'll make you jump through hoops for it..lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bradzilla View Post
    No where to return it..lol... cant sell it.... probably they'll make you jump through hoops for it..lol
    Welcome to our world of stupid, arbitrary, bureaucratic "laws", used to support their personal disarmament agenda. All enacted under the name of regulations, subject to change with the wind, phase of the moon, whatever floats their boat today.

Cheers!

10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Edenchef

bradzilla (03-10-2015), mactek (02-27-2015), speedloader (02-27-2015)

If your in alberta you will need a range membership associate or full and most ranges
    will do an associate for 1/4 of the cost or the CFO simply will not do the transfer
    and will just sit on it until you or the retailer inquires what the hold up is
    but most retailers know that and will help as best they can to sell you your firearm

heres the other kicker if your membership is not renewed to said range or any other
    and they still list you owning a restricted, as ranges have to report
    when your membership is up or changed
    they will not let you renew your rpal or ATT until you have proven member ship
    hereby making you an instant criminal
    as you must have a reason for buying or owning a restricted firearm
    target shooting is the usual so ......
    all have said this is not law but I have personally been subject to this
    when purchasing, and a buddy who went to renew his license as well

welcome to the Game , you will never here anyone say it made any kind of sense

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast