Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Senior Member Foxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    17,804
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Uh huh. Sounds like a broken record....

    Wait for C-42 to pass (rumour has it pushed through by Spring now), then enjoy your CZ 858....
    That's a little like saying "god, are they saying that 1 + 1 = 2 again? they sound like a broken record - every time I ask what 1+ 1 is it's the same damn answer!

    Did you expect the answer to change at some point?

    And what do you mean "rumour has it" - that's always when we've been expecting it. I personally posted here that it would be about may or so ages ago. Again - it's a frakkin' bill before the house... three readings and a committee. That's the law. When did YOU think it was going to pass?

  2. #12
    Moderator kennymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    9,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    That's a little like saying "god, are they saying that 1 + 1 = 2 again? they sound like a broken record - every time I ask what 1+ 1 is it's the same damn answer!

    Did you expect the answer to change at some point?

    And what do you mean "rumour has it" - that's always when we've been expecting it. I personally posted here that it would be about may or so ages ago. Again - it's a frakkin' bill before the house... three readings and a committee. That's the law. When did YOU think it was going to pass?
    Someone had posted a letter from their MP recently (here or CGN, I can't recall) saying it would be done before parliment lets out for summer, my 'rumour'. I have been expecting it anytime before the fall election, as previously promised.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Foxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    17,804
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Someone had posted a letter from their MP recently (here or CGN, I can't recall) saying it would be done before parliment lets out for summer, my 'rumour'. I have been expecting it anytime before the fall election, as previously promised.
    Well 'before summer' is probably pretty accurate. They usually finish in June, and I was thinking 'May', so give or take a week or three that would make sense to me. It's a bloody long process (sometimes thats a very good thing But of course it's harder to see it that way when it's a bill we want to pass quickly).

    On the other hand - once the bill is passed, it only requires a change to the regulation to non-restrict the cz's and swiss's. Not a change to the law. So - that can be done very quickly with the usual OIC change to the regulations. THAT part will be quick.

  4. The Following User Liked This Post By Foxer

    kennymo (03-16-2015)

  5. #14
    Member parrnan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    The best choice would likely be to let c-42 finish getting thru parliament and the house. At that point they will be able to classify the CZ as a 'non restricted' specifically. Which is the reason they're passing the legislation. If you can hang on for a couple of months you should get what you want for free without modifications.
    Lets hope that C-42 will become "the law" before the end of the actual government... The fact that we no longer hear about C-42 is not a good news, the government speaks only about C-51 these days.

  6. #15
    Senior Member Doug_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by parrnan View Post
    Lets hope that C-42 will become "the law" before the end of the actual government... The fact that we no longer hear about C-42 is not a good news, the government speaks only about C-51 these days.
    No, that's not accurate. The whole hoopla in the news yesterday about Harper telling people in SK that there are too many regulations around firearms and that people in rural areas need them because police aren't always readily available was a result of being asked about C-42. Also when bills go through their process to become law we don't hear about continuously, only when they are being debated for the most part.
    CSSA/CCFR/NRA

  7. The Following User Liked This Post By Doug_M

    Foxer (03-18-2015)

  8. #16
    Senior Member Foxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    17,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    No, that's not accurate. The whole hoopla in the news yesterday about Harper telling people in SK that there are too many regulations around firearms and that people in rural areas need them because police aren't always readily available was a result of being asked about C-42. Also when bills go through their process to become law we don't hear about continuously, only when they are being debated for the most part.
    Quite true - and just for those who are new or forgot - i'll remind folks that last YEAR i said that whatever law would be presented would likely be presented in october-ish, possibly as part of an omnibus bill (there was no omnibus bill that fall so that didn't happen) and that it would likely be law by about march'ish. Now - since then it got delayed because of the attack on parliament and the laws they rushed in after, but things are basically exactly where I said they'd likely be a year ago before the bill was even introduced or we knew what it would look like. So the timeline is progressing pretty much exactly as we expected, and there's nothing here to make anyone think the CPC won't be moving forward. And Harper DID just mention it in the news.

    I suspect that we're going to see it in the news a little as it goes to committee, and as it passes, and as it clears the senate. That's probably about all the news we'll see - the fact is that people aren't worked up about it that much generally and therefore it's not 'Hot News' the way that bill 51 is for example. It's 'slow news day' stuff.

  9. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by greywolf67nt View Post
    Is there a fix that can be done and verified that would allow us to keep our CZ's without having to replace whole parts of the gun?
    From what I have read the reclassification is because parts MAY have been refurbed from full auto versions. Could this not mean there is something as simple as a hole or notch that could be filled in?
    A smart and resourceful gunsmith might be able to figure this out.
    Yes. It's called Bill C-42.

    It contains the legal mechanism to reverse the RCMP reclassification of the Swiss Arms and CZ 858 and revert them back to their original non restricted classification.

  10. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    108
    Do we know when the third reading is?

  11. #19
    Senior Member Doug_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    5,796
    It goes to committee April 20th. 3rd reading is some time after that.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CSSA/CCFR/NRA

  12. #20
    Go Canucks Go! lone-wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Isle Saint-Jean
    Posts
    10,100
    April 20th, that's a little ominous.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

    You were not born for freedom. You wouldn’t know what to do with it.

  13. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

    CaperJim (04-11-2015)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •