Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    So two quick questions that I may sound like a total newbie for asking:
    1. Could you use a LAR 15 pistol magazine, which is used in restricted firearms ie; pistols/AR style rifles, in a non restricted AR style rifle like the Bushmaster ACR DMR legally?
    2. With M+M M10X-Z coming out, since it uses AK magazines, is there even a AK pistol magazine equivalent that you could get? Providing the answer to question 1. is yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Aflip View Post
    So two quick questions that I may sound like a total newbie for asking:
    1. Could you use a LAR 15 pistol magazine, which is used in restricted firearms ie; pistols/AR style rifles, in a non restricted AR style rifle like the Bushmaster ACR DMR legally?
    2. With M+M M10X-Z coming out, since it uses AK magazines, is there even a AK pistol magazine equivalent that you could get? Providing the answer to question 1. is yes?

1. Yes
    2. Yes - provided the magazine is available. I don't think they are available yet in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    1. Yes
    2. Yes - provided the magazine is available. I don't think they are available yet in Canada.
    I saw a post elsewhere that someone is attempting to import an AK pistol magazine. Wasn't there a 7.62x39 AR pistol that used AK mags a couple years back? I seem to recall something of that nature.....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Thank you Kennymo for the clarification, it was one of those "I think so, but I can't find it, so..." questions. I found an older post from i run guns about them.

I was at the range the other day with my lar mags and was told based on the latest bulletin regardless to the type of mag or its intended use, if a given rifle is intended to use only a 5 rnd mag than all you can put in a lar mag is 5 rnds.
    The mag is not illegal, you can only load it to 10 rnds if you have a LAR-15

That might be a range rule, but it isn't law.

ya maybe

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456