Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fridges and freezers for camping? Sheesh city boy. Here is your solution. Buy once and be done with it.
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Haywire1

Swampdonkey (04-09-2015)

^^ That looks sorta like the Barbapapa's house for anyone who was ever six....

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    I dont drink it myself, but have some experience keeping it cold for friends. This is how it works in Georgian Bay (Lake Huron). The thermocline is down between 30 and 40 ft at the height of summer. It gets shallower the closer you are to winter. Deeper than that, the water is hovering between 2 and 5 degrees C year round.. Put your beer in your fishing net. Put a rock in it to make it stay put. Sinch it up with one end of a 50 ft rope (100 ft if youve got it). Put a windshield washer jug on the other end. Find 40-45 ft on your depth finder and sink it. Mother natures cold storage.
    I just forgo the beer and take some Southern Comfort and Tang packets. Poor man's Alabama Slammers all night long.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Swampdonkey (04-09-2015)

I vote for the inverter and household fridge/freezer. The inverter lets you bring power tools and the fridge can be useful all year long at home.

How long will a household fridge last banging around the back country I wonder?

BTW - The ARB/Engle stuff can be used in the house too...

Attached is the least rugged place we camped in Labrador. I would NOT have taken a household fridge on those so-called roads!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123