Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VIDEO: My Custom Remington 597

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share a video that I recorded yesterday of my customized Remington 597 after finishing it up. I loved this gun, and I love it even more now! Everything came together exactly as I envisioned and I'm super happy with it.

Check out the video and let me know what you think!

Link:

Next, I'll be getting some larger mags for it, definitely.
    Last edited by Blade; 04-10-2015 at 07:45 AM.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Blade

CaperJim (04-10-2015)

Not enough bangs! Can't wait for the snow to leave the range so I can try the 30 rounders

I like it...
    But I took mine a little bit further

Of course I am a little bias :P

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Satain

CaperJim (04-10-2015), Zedbra (04-11-2015)

Looks nice!

I was originally going to go with an Archangel body kit, however I realized I'd much rather use that money for a more custom build as I actually like the synthetic stock on my 597.

What's all that white stuff on the ground?
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    What's all that white stuff on the ground?
    lol That's about 7 feet of snow that I'm walking on. If you stepped off of the snowmobile tracks that were packed down you sunk up to your armpits. We're still stuck with way too much of it here.

Is anyone using the 25 round Promags since we're talking 597? The talk of poor magazines always surrounds these things, my own was piss poor with the factory ten shot. Luckily the clear 30 round Remingtons seem to function well. The Promag just looks a little better built, any comments?

My stock mag functions fine, other than the fact that it won't load into the rifle with 10 rounds in it. lol You have to put it in with either 9 rounds, or chamber one round and leave nine in the mag. 10 rounds are too tight and it hits the bolt.

I haven't looked into the extended mags too much yet as I'm not ready to make the purchase at the moment. But from what I did hear, the clear mags were made out of a stronger plastic than the black ones, and the black ones would split or crack easily... Or it could have been vise-versa... lol

My ten shot won't load more than nine either, but it always stovepipes the last shot too. Actually it CAN fit ten, but then the bolt is under too much tension and doesn't come back far enough to strip the next round out of the magazine.

I have three 10 round mags and three 30 rounders. Two of the 10 round you need to squeeze 9 into, the other holds 10 easily. One of the 30 round ones was splitting apart while still in the package. Took them apart and gave them a quick lube, loaded them and stuck them in an ammo box. Hope to test them out soon, but when I first tried them just cycling the action, they often wouldn't feed properly. They'd need a knock, almost like the follower was snagging something on the way up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast