Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    www.aztecharmory.ca

No More Rivets for Pmags!

We are happy to announce that from now on all Magpul Pmags sold to Canada by Aztech Armory will be internally blocked to allow for complete dis-assembly... No more Rivets!!

We are working on internal blocks for other mags as well.
    So far we have XDm and PPQ blocks with more to come soon. Eventually we hope to eliminate the use of rivets entirely.
    Last edited by Marshall; 06-09-2015 at 07:09 PM.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

2. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By Marshall

CaperJim (06-09-2015), DOA (06-09-2015), Gunexpert007 (06-09-2015), knuckledragger (06-09-2015), lone-wolf (06-24-2015), rhyno857 (09-17-2015), Strewth (06-24-2015), Waynetheman (07-10-2015)

That is fantastic! Any chance you'll get 20 rounders internally blocked too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Our freedoms ARE the greater good.

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    That is fantastic! Any chance you'll get 20 rounders internally blocked too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, 20 rd pmag blocks are ready...
    Working on the USGI blocks as well.

How is it done exactly?
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    How is it done exactly?
    For the PMAGs a polymer block replaces the base plate retainer and extends up inside of the spring to limit the travel of the follower. You can remove the base plate and block just as you normally would and the follower and spring can then be completely removed.

Pistol mags are just a polymer block epoxied to the underside of the follower or to the top of the base plate retainer, depending on the type of magazine.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Marshall

lone-wolf (06-24-2015)

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Ummm are you sure this is legal ? As in accepted by the Law? Cops are used to seeing rivets. I was just reading this :

http://blueline.ca/articles/purposiv...interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by short1 View Post
    Ummm are you sure this is legal ? As in accepted by the Law? Cops are used to seeing rivets. I was just reading this :

http://blueline.ca/articles/purposiv...interpretation
    I PM'd them with this question, and got a response that put my worries at ease.
    Crimps are also popular, and not all that easy to see.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Banned
    OMG! [IMG][/IMG] So, now we will have to rely on the "judgement" call of an LEO and hope they got, read, and understood the memo about no more rivets? I think I like my rivets. The possible fail is strong with this one. [IMG][/IMG]

www.aztecharmory.ca
    We've had them inspected by CBSA and they have no issues. In fact two out of three agents complimented us on them.

Since the base plate retainer is replaced by the block, the magazine would not function properly without it. If you remove the block and reinstall the base plate it would come loose as soon as you try to fire the rifle which would allow the spring and follower (and ammo) to drop out the bottom. I suppose one could reinstall the base plate with some epoxy or possible screw it on somehow, but this would require tools, plus the spring will not stay properly aligned on the base plate without the retainer, so it would likely not function properly.

As an authorized RCMP Verifier, I see this as a more viable option than the rivet, especially when applied to the polymer magazines. If I don't care about the aesthetics of the magazine, it takes me all of about 90 seconds to remove the rivet from a PMAG in the field with my multi-tool, but would require some additional tools and/or parts to make one of ours functional if I remove the block.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Marshall

short1 (06-24-2015)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast