Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just can't bring myself to trust most safties. An Uncle and a couple close buddies have had close calls with them, both through defect and negligence in thinking that the safety is on. (The last guy is a moron, I will never, ever go hunting with. Who the hell checks to see if the safety is on by pulling the trigger?). The only devices I have any faith in at all are the half cock and the transfer bar safety. Anything else, that gun gets pointed in a safe direction at all times until I'm damn sure it's unloaded and double checked. For hunting purposes, if I'm carrying a bolt action the handle is kept out of battery until I'm ready to shoot. If I'm slinging it on the shoulder, the chamber is empty.

I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FlyingHigh

kennymo (08-23-2015), lone-wolf (08-23-2015)

RobertMcC
    I never use safeties..

My mauser the safety wont go on with the scope on, It has a position I can cycle the action tho.

The Mosin I don't have a safety ( Unless I manually drop the cocking piece )

The Cooey no safety, only de cock it.

My single action no safety, just position of the hammer.

My Single shot shotgun, no safety just hammer position.

My 1911s are the only one I use the safety, when shooting matches I have a loaded gun.

Then again I dont trust no mechanical safety but my own.

My safety is the grey matter that keeps my ears from slamming together. This endangered grey matter controls the trigger finger along with many other functions.
    My thinking is that if a safety mechanism is too complicated for the user, maybe they should have a stick rather than a gun.
    Who the hell said it was to complicated. heres a stick for you

Last edited by Steveo9mm; 08-23-2015 at 01:35 PM.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Steveo9mm

KnowledgeSeeker (12-13-2015)

I´s all part of running the gun. On my 1911 I don´t even know that i´m switching it off, just memory.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By ScottNT

ROADGLIDE45 (08-23-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I just can't bring myself to trust most safties. An Uncle and a couple close buddies have had close calls with them, both through defect and negligence in thinking that the safety is on. (The last guy is a moron, I will never, ever go hunting with. Who the hell checks to see if the safety is on by pulling the trigger?). The only devices I have any faith in at all are the half cock and the transfer bar safety. Anything else, that gun gets pointed in a safe direction at all times until I'm damn sure it's unloaded and double checked. For hunting purposes, if I'm carrying a bolt action the handle is kept out of battery until I'm ready to shoot. If I'm slinging it on the shoulder, the chamber is empty.
    Please, tell us that you DON'T consider the half cock, transfer bar, or having checked that it is unloaded to be an excuse to NOT point that gun "in a safe direction at all times."
    Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.

All restrictions/prohibitions on the use, carriage, or possession of firearms must be repealed.

Middle ground?

What middle ground?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    Please, tell us that you DON'T consider the half cock, transfer bar, or having checked that it is unloaded to be an excuse to NOT point that gun "in a safe direction at all times."
    Don't be ridiculous. They're just the only ones I bother using at all so far as carrying with a round in the chamber goes....

11. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

lone-wolf (08-25-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. They're just the only ones I bother using at all so far as carrying with a round in the chamber goes....
    Thanks for clarifying that.

Your bolded statement was worrisome.
    Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.

All restrictions/prohibitions on the use, carriage, or possession of firearms must be repealed.

Middle ground?

What middle ground?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12