Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCenturion View Post
    First you need to call the RCMP yourself and get the reference number for your references to, well, reference, when they call in to give a reference in reference to your reference number.

Keep this post for future reference.
    I will reference your post regarding the use of references. When I reach day 29, Ill make the call.

Thanks.

Just thought I'd do a quick note for people doing their first application.
    This was my first and found it quite easy if your polite and pro active. Did my courses April 16,17Th sent app by priority mail received April 20at firearms centre and showed up online around may 10, I started calling being very polite asking questions by may 13 was told to have my reference call in which he did on may 16 and on may 18 checked online and called and was told everything good and license has been issued and in the mail. So from start to finish exactly 28 days for process for me. Now also I read Alot of people saying you can't be a member of a range without your license I would disagree as I have been a member of csc since the day I finished my course which was sent in with my app so that may have been a reason my process was so short maybe.
    All in all I'd say as long as your polite and respect the call centre people, be pro active and call and it may work out for you like it did myself.

Here's mine:

Here I kept track of my progress very well.

First application.

CFSC/CRFSC Test Passed: 09/11/2016
    Application Mailed: 09/23/2016 (had to ask friends from Ontario to sign the forms, took em 2 weeks to send them out lol)
    Application Delivered: 09/26/2016 - DAY 1
    Credit Card Charged on: 10/06/2016 - DAY 10
    Application Status Online: 10/06/2016 (Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date.)
    Called in to check on app: 10/06/2016.
    Received letter from RCMP: 10/14/2016. - DAY 18 (Apparently I left my guarantor section empty? Impossible I triple checked... Unless I accidentally put my father down as my conjugal partner... oh god lmao.)
    Resent the missing info: 10/17/2016 (was told there was a mistake on the guarantor section. :-()
    Missing part delivered on: 10/20/2016 - DAY 24
    Application status part 2: 10/27/2016 - DAY 31 (Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.)
    Friend(s) called in on: 11/08/2016 - DAY 43 (Interview took about 5 minutes, he also called like 10 minutes before closing. So maybe that is why.)
    Called in to check on app: 11/09/2016 - DAY 45 (I asked them if they needed anything else -- was told that my application was sent out to the CFO for final approval.)
    Called in again to check : 11/18/2016 - DAY 54 (Called them to see if they need anything else, was on hold for 5 mins and they approved it on the spot!)
    Application Status part 3: 11/18/2016 - DAY 54 (Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000))
    License Issued: 11/18/2016 - DAY 54
    License Received: 11/25/2016 - DAY 60

Shortened track for people who are too lazy to read all of that :

CFSC/CRFSC Test Passed: 09/11/2016
    Application Mailed: 09/23/2016 (had to ask friends from Ontario to sign the forms, took em 2 weeks to send them out lol)
    Application Delivered: 09/26/2016 - DAY 1
    Credit Card Charged on: 10/06/2016 - DAY 10
    Application Status Online: 10/27/2016 - DAY 31 (Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.)
    Friend(s) called in on: 11/08/2016 - DAY 43 (Interview took about 5 minutes, he also called like 10 minutes before closing. So maybe that is why.)
    Called in again to check : 11/18/2016 - DAY 54 (Called them to see if they need anything else, was on hold for 5 mins and they approved it on the spot!)
    License Issued: 11/18/2016 - DAY 54
    License Received: 11/25/2016 - DAY 60

I can't figure out how to check status of application on line - any help? Oh, upgrading from PAL to RPAL.

Found it! Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
    I can't figure out how to check status of application on line - any help? Oh, upgrading from PAL to RPAL.

Found it! Thx
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/o...pp_dem-eng.htm

Login, and you'll see a Check Application Status, fill out the info and the application status should come up.

Just checked this morning!! YAY!! now to wait for Canada post...lol

CFSC/CRFSC Test Passed: 05/21/17
    Application Mailed: 06/12/17
    Application Delivered: 06/14/17 - DAY 1
    Credit Card Charged on: 07/20/17 - DAY 36
    Application Status Online: 07/20/17 DAY 36 (Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.)
    Friend(s) called in on: 07/24/17 - DAY 40
    License Issued: 07/24/17 - DAY 40 (same day!!)
    License Received: On its way!!

Now to look for some range gear!!

Revived via Express mailing: 2017-05-24

Showed up online just after 28 days, called in and they wouldn't accept my Visa debit card I put down on my application. Had to go get a prepaid and the lady made it almost sound like I had no other options but a PAL since I only really plan on owning such firearms.

So I paid the $75 and activation fee on this prepaid Visa card to cover the $60 PAL fee that I was quoted before. I called back after the weekend and talk with somebody different who said that it was not such a big deal to have the RPAL. Just that the damn fee was $80 for application and I had already spent my money on this damn pre-paid. Just said screw it, just submit for a PAL. Cause I do not want to pay for another prepaid Visa card. Wasted a full month waiting from my RPAL training even though I could have just sent in for an PAL like 20 days before

I called in asking how much longer about 2 weeks later. Lady said it was dependent on the CFO I could possibly be waiting until October. It's first come first serve and I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for that to happen.
    Last edited by KB_TheDireWolf; 07-26-2017 at 04:54 PM.

If you in University, it should be easy to get a credit card. When I was at UofT we had people try to get everyone to sign up almost every month. I think they were no fee cards with like 5k limit.

The application process seems bogus. They issue them immediately after your reference calls in.
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

I am a reloader, because I like the freedom to shoot without limits.
    all I gotta do is load MOAR!!!!!

Next time, just send a cheque or money order.
    The difference between a 'citizen' and a 'subject' is the right, and responsibility, to bear arms.

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    If you in University, it should be easy to get a credit card. When I was at UofT we had people try to get everyone to sign up almost every month. I think they were no fee cards with like 5k limit.

The application process seems bogus. They issue them immediately after your reference calls in.
    Just the name of the group. Plain on trade school...

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast