Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Hello, New member from Huntsville On here. I saw this thread and since I’m waiting for Restricted, I started reading with no idea of realistic wait times. What I saw was back in 2012 it took a long time and lots of patience.
    I mailed paperwork Dec 28, bank statement shows chq cashed Jan 6, RCMP web site status says paperwork received processed and approved Jan 8.
    No references called , I’m assuming because I’ve had a non-restricted license for 35 years they just took the money and stamped approved.

Now what do I choose for my first range pistol? M&P9, Glock17 or 19, CZ shadow2 ? ��

What is this choose you speak of? You obviously need at least one of each.

Quote Originally Posted by JCue23 View Post
    PAL/RPAL Wait Time

-Dec 2/3 Courses taken

-Jan 10 Received stamped test results

-Jan 11 Mailed to Miramichi Express and Signature Required

-Jan 15 Received in Miramichi

-Feb 7 Showed up online - Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

-Feb 7 Credit card charged

-Feb 13 Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

I had called on Feb 9th just to make sure everything was in order. No interview and no references called.

I can't believe they actually issued the license on the 28th day that has to be some kind of record!

Now I need a shotgun for duck season so buying a Mossberg 500 that's already decided but want a pistol for target/competition shooting looking at the Glock 17 but can't decide to go with a used Gen 4 and save about $170 or brand new Gen 5...

Pretty much my time line. Showed they got my application on Jan 26, 2018 and Feb 16 showed in process. Just looked today and license issued Feb 23, 2018.

No references called for me. This was for PAL/RPAL. Or I guess just RPAL since you can’t have one without the other.

Question...so I have a handgun purchased and the process is to get the license number to the store and they make the calls to the RCMP and then it can be sent to me. At the same time I can get an ATT from the RCMP to go to the range that I will join ASAP. Seems simple enough. Can’t wait to get buying and shooting.

Sent my RPAL application in. They received Jan 9th and card billed on the 28th day. Still waiting but will come in due time I guess.

Just wanted to note that I had one of my references call in for an interview and they told him they were no longer accepting references calling in to do interviews. Said that they no longer always require interviews but will call if selected or decide it’s needed.

They’re still reviewing my application but I have been a law abiding gun owner since 2007 without issue so I doubt to see any issue. Although it’s like waiting for Christmas and not knowing what day it is. Be a lot nicer once the snow melts and the outdoor ranges are no longer muddy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My timelines- Ontario

CFSC-CRFSC Course Dec 1-Dec 2, 2017
    Received Official Test Scores- Jan 25, 2018
    Couriered RPAL application to RCMP- Jan 26, 2018
    RPAL approved message on RCMP website- Feb 20th, 2018
    RPAL received on March 2nd, 2018

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Vagnair View Post
    My timelines- Ontario

CFSC-CRFSC Course Dec 1-Dec 2, 2017
    Received Official Test Scores- Jan 25, 2018
    Couriered RPAL application to RCMP- Jan 26, 2018
    RPAL approved message on RCMP website- Feb 20th, 2018
    RPAL received on March 2nd, 2018

Hope this helps!
    That’s a fast turn around for 35 days. I’m around 52 days now.

Sounds like this is your first PAL/RPAL. What’s first on your to do list?

Yes, my first RPAL! Getting my Sig Sauer and Bolt Action Rifle. Then, range membership and target practice!

What model sig/caliber are you after?

Bought the Sig Sauer P226 Mark 25 Navy Edition 9 mm Luger- Waiting for ATT to pick it up.

Also, bought the Savage 110 BA stealth 300 Win Mag bolt action rifle with a NightForce 5-20x56 scope

Waiting to complete the range membership and orientation process and then start target practice!

Completed my first day of orientation at the Stittsville range! Shot a 0.22 calibre rimfire semiautomatic pistol and a Glock 17 with the range officer. Now getting ready to do my first target practice with my rifle on the 7th of March!

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast