Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    RobertMcC, yeah, in knew that. Just the mandatory 28 days I wasn't sure about. Figure it will be at least another 1-2 months after the 28 day period before I see it.

UPDATE:
    I finally got the:
    'Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date. "

Now, I will bug them every week for updates.
    أنا أحب البنادق

Well mine has been “in progress” for 56 days. It’s an upgrade application ahead of my regular PAL that doesn’t expire until end of next year.

I’ve had some light shed on the process. Provinces like Ontario where you can send in your application while your waiting for stamped test results can overcome the 4 week waiting period at the same time while waiting for test results to be stamped. However. Provinces like AB/SK you get your signed test results(not CFO signed) and send with your application. They hold for the 4 weeks before your test results are reviewed and approved by a CFO. Possibly another 4 weeks and that’s only if your application did not contain any errors and you pass your background check. Then of course IF they decide to contact your references after these steps.

I’m on day 106. Could be a few more weeks. Nothing we can do to rush these guys. Most of the CFO offices are over worked, under staffed and under funded to hire additional staff. Good thing C-71 plans to give all these poor men and women more work load and no funding that I’ve seen to back that up.

Regardless, even if you find yourself in a long wait like myself. Ignore the “45 days to process”. Stay cool, and be patient cause you know it’s worth the wait anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Anything questionable in the new applicants FIP file can really slow things down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    You are in for a real treat. They are permanently backlogged. Get used to waiting.
    Just wait til the CFO staff have to start processing ATTs 'the long way' again once c71 passes.

Sharing my experience

Pal/RPAL courses done on March 10 and 11. Got the result same day.

13th March Application sent (non registered mail)

Called the application center on 17-4-2018 and was told that they cannot check my status because it has not been entered into the system yet. Lady officer was really kind and informed that they are taking a little over 28 days right now to complete applications and my application should be online any day now.
    I was told to call every few days because sometimes online does not give out all the information.

Apr- 18-2018 . Day after calling the application center, the status " Your application has completed the initial process. It is now in progress"appeared online. They received my application on the 19th of March. So it appeared online in 30 days. Not sure if my phone call made any difference because it appeared online the next day after I called.

Apr -20-2018I called them to make sure my application was complete and there is no missing information. I was advised that there is nothing they need from me and the next step for them is to scan my picture and continue with the "progress".

April 27-2018 . Status changed to "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000) ".

No references called.

It took exact 46 days from me sending the application till the license being issued. Technically they took less than 45 days to complete their process after receiving application.

It's shopping time.

UPDATE License received in mail on 03/May/2018
    Last edited by Mr Singh; 05-04-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Just fyi - I just renewed my PAL - sent by mail March 26th, received by mail today. So 33 days total, including mailing times. I have to say I was pretty surprised when it popped through the mail-slot this afternoon.
    It doesn't take all kinds; we just have all kinds.

OFAH; CSSA; NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteannerdy View Post
    Well mine has been “in progress” for 56 days. It’s an upgrade application ahead of my regular PAL that doesn’t expire until end of next year.

I’ve had some light shed on the process. Provinces like Ontario where you can send in your application while your waiting for stamped test results can overcome the 4 week waiting period at the same time while waiting for test results to be stamped. However. Provinces like AB/SK you get your signed test results(not CFO signed) and send with your application. They hold for the 4 weeks before your test results are reviewed and approved by a CFO. Possibly another 4 weeks and that’s only if your application did not contain any errors and you pass your background check. Then of course IF they decide to contact your references after these steps.

I’m on day 106. Could be a few more weeks. Nothing we can do to rush these guys. Most of the CFO offices are over worked, under staffed and under funded to hire additional staff. Good thing C-71 plans to give all these poor men and women more work load and no funding that I’ve seen to back that up.

Regardless, even if you find yourself in a long wait like myself. Ignore the “45 days to process”. Stay cool, and be patient cause you know it’s worth the wait anyway.

its the same as my friend. he has been waiting 5 months. his just says Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date for 5 months now. he has called in several times and they say he passed all background checks and it sitting in the cfo desk waiting for final approval. and the stupid thing is we took the pal/rpal course at the same time and they received our applications at the same time and i got mine in 45 days to the day and yet he is still waiting.

PAL/RPAL Timelines

Quote Originally Posted by mnathan View Post
    its the same as my friend. he has been waiting 5 months. his just says Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date for 5 months now. he has called in several times and they say he passed all background checks and it sitting in the cfo desk waiting for final approval. and the stupid thing is we took the pal/rpal course at the same time and they received our applications at the same time and i got mine in 45 days to the day and yet he is still waiting.
    Random selection on his? Errors in his details, checked yes to one of the questions, or they were not satisfied with a reference?

Or your friend just got the slowest CFO in the office and you got the energetic one who’s efficient as fuck.

hi there, newb here.
    4/19 delivered, regular mail.
    Hope i can get it asap.