Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coucou View Post
    Call them twice a week.
    Did you call them after your application showed up online ? What do they do next ?

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    Did you call them after your application showed up online ? What do they do next ?
    Not yet. I’ll call them from next week. it’ll be 10 days on IP next week.

Not yet. I’ll call them from next week. it’ll be 10 days on IP next week.
    I'm calling them tomorrow. I'll ask them if my references can call, if that is still required.

Hopefully it goes quickly from there.

So I called the RCMP just now. Spoke to a nice lady. I've called them 3 times so far, and every time the person I spoke to was nice and helpful, I can't stress that enough.

The lady told me that my PAL/RPAL application is in progress, that there is nothing missing, and they have sent my picture for scanning. She said it can take over a week to get the picture scan done.

I asked if my references could call in, and the lady explained that this is no longer required. She said that once the application is sent to the Ontario CFO (after the picture scan is done), they may call my references, if they feel the need to do so. She said to call back in a week for an update.

The way I understand this process is that the RCMP just receives your application, checks for completeness, takes your money, scans the picture, then sends the whole package to the provincial CFO for review and approval. Why the CFO needs to approve this and not directly the RCMP, I'm not sure why. The Canadian Firearms Program, the safety training and PAL process is a federal mandate by law, so I don't really understand why it has to go the provincial level for approval.

My application process so far (Ontario) :

CFSC/CRFSC course : March 21-22
    Stamped test results received from FSESO :3 weeks later
    PAL/RPAL application sent to RCMP Miramichi : April 23rd
    Application received in Miramichi : April 25th (Day 1)
    RCMP charges $80 on my credit card : June 4th (Day 40)
    Application appears on the RCMP website (in progress) : June 4th
    June 6th (Day 42) : Informed that application in complete and picture has been sent for scanning. It will then be forwarded to CFO for approval. Told to call back in a week.

So I called the RCMP just now. Spoke to a nice lady. I've called them 3 times so far, and every time the person I spoke to was nice and helpful, I can't stress that enough.

The lady told me that my PAL/RPAL application is in progress, that there is nothing missing, and they have sent my picture for scanning. She said it can take over a week to get the picture scan done.

I asked if my references could call in, and the lady explained that this is no longer required. She said that once the application is sent to the Ontario CFO (after the picture scan is done), they may call my references, if they feel the need to do so. She said to call back in a week for an update.

The way I understand this process is that the RCMP just receives your application, checks for completeness, takes your money, scans the picture, then sends the whole package to the provincial CFO for review and approval. Why the CFO needs to approve this and not directly the RCMP, I'm not sure why. The Canadian Firearms Program, the safety training and PAL process is a federal mandate by law, so I don't really understand why it has to go the provincial level for approval.

My application process so far (Ontario) :

CFSC/CRFSC course : March 21-22
    Stamped test results received from FSESO :3 weeks later
    PAL/RPAL application sent to RCMP Miramichi : April 23rd
    Application received in Miramichi : April 25th (Day 1)
    RCMP charges $80 on my credit card : June 4th (Day 40)
    Application appears on the RCMP website (in progress) : June 4th
    June 6th (Day 42) : Informed that application in complete and picture has been sent for scanning. It will then be forwarded to CFO for approval. Told to call back in a week.
    So thats mean the timelines depends on CFO, not on RCMP. Continue waiting......

So thats mean the timelines depends on CFO, not on RCMP. Continue waiting......
    Absolutely. The way I see it, the RCMP in Miramichi just does the admin work of checking for completeness, compiling files, payment and scanning.

The CFO does the review, reference checks and approval.

Why this process has to involve two agencies at federal and provincial levels is beyond my comprehension.

Absolutely. The way I see it, the RCMP in Miramichi just does the admin work of checking for completeness, compiling files, payment and scanning.

The CFO does the review, reference checks and approval.

Why this process has to involve two agencies at federal and provincial levels is beyond my comprehension.
    45 days just for admin work......
    sounds now we count from 0

just liked it up on the site and said license issued and to contact them if not recieved in 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by srdiver View Post
    mine too april 19th - says initial processing blah blah - 45 days blah blah
    just checked on line and says license issued and contact in two weeks if not received

45 days just for admin work......
    sounds now we count from 0
    My CFO has had the paperwork on his desk for 99 days now. That’s after it took 50 days to get to him.

Also like above, everyone I’ve spoken to through this process has been very polite and was helpful so far. Including my CFO officer. Which I know he’s been away from the office a bit the last month or so. Which I can’t even be upset about cause we all get holidays and anyone knows that workload can pile up right before holidays. Unfortunately once you’re assigned a CFO, they must be the one to complete it once they start it. So in some cases, we may be waiting out the application while they take holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk