Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    From completing my CFSC receiving my PAL was just under a month two weeks; 32 days to get my PAL in hand after submitting the paperwork.

Best advice I found was to submit my PAL without providing the CFSC certificate (believe this is limited to only a few provinces?) and also to politely call the RCMP's CFP and politely ask for updates and offer any help they need. I spoke with them three times in total and they were all very helpful.

I know others have had pretty poor experiences with them but seems to be getting a little better.

how on earth do people get theirs so quick? it took 2 and a half months for the paperwork to get back to me from the cfo. i dont know if it was because i did it in september and everybody else in the province did theirs that same month or what.... was about 6 months AFTER i sent in the overstuffed envelope to the rcmp that i finally got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlehead View Post
    how on earth do people get theirs so quick? it took 2 and a half months for the paperwork to get back to me from the cfo. i dont know if it was because i did it in september and everybody else in the province did theirs that same month or what.... was about 6 months AFTER i sent in the overstuffed envelope to the rcmp that i finally got mine.
    im in ontario if that has anything to do with it

I did mine earlier this year. It took about 2 month. I don't remember the exact dates, but they were basically sitting on their asses waiting for me to call up and ask what's up so they can tell me they need to speak to my reference.

Five minutes after my reference hung up the phone with them, I was able to check online and see that it was approved and on the way to me.

I could have gotten it like a week or two earlier if I'd call up sooner.

Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

I am a reloader, because I like the freedom to shoot without limits.
    all I gotta do is load MOAR!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    I did mine earlier this year. It took about 2 month. I don't remember the exact dates, but they were basically sitting on their asses waiting for me to call up and ask what's up so they can tell me they need to speak to my reference.

Five minutes after my reference hung up the phone with them, I was able to check online and see that it was approved and on the way to me.

I could have gotten it like a week or two earlier if I'd call up sooner.

Lucky....

For a person who lives in Alberta and had to mark off in the personal section for Depression. I had sent in my application in late May in express mail with the RCMP receiving on the 24. I waited the 28 days and application popped up online and gave them a call found out they would not accept my Visa debit card I had written down. I paid the fee with a pre-paid card about 2 days later. So now it has been the Alberta CFO for over 60 days in a queue. It has not been looked at, even with numerous phone calls. None of my references have been contacted (being my mom and father so I should know if they get the call) and included my doctor's info (who supports me).

I just want to partake in something I have been looking forward to for years, heck I am no longer depressed due to treatment with transcranial magnetic stimulation for the first time in years...

Geez, I only really want to own a Lee-Enfield not some big scary black gun. Right now I think is the best rifle for the price here in Canada and because of the research, I have done on my great uncle. He was KIA in Italy 1944, in fact, it almost 73 years since his death on the 18th.
    Last edited by KB_TheDireWolf; 09-05-2017 at 06:47 AM.

8/11 Application mailed out
    8/15 Application received
    9/16 Application status available online (of course showing in processing)
    10/15 Online status changed to license issued
    10/20 PAL arrived in mailbox

btw, no call to my reference, no call to me for interview. I live in Richmond Hill

I didn't timestamp every step of the way, but Miramichi accepted my package on Nov 8 of 2017 and this Monday (Jan 22 2018) it changed online to issued. Will probably show up in my mailbox on Friday at this rate.

No references called. This was fairly quick despite being put on hold while waiting for the FSESO in Ontario signing off on my test results, and needing to update the credit card which was submitted with the application. Can't say I'm displeased with the timeline. Only calls I made to RCMP were to get information on where to fax my test results. After that I just bit my tongue and waited.

PAL/RPAL Wait Time

-Dec 2/3 Courses taken

-Jan 10 Received stamped test results

-Jan 11 Mailed to Miramichi Express and Signature Required

-Jan 15 Received in Miramichi

-Feb 7 Showed up online - Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

-Feb 7 Credit card charged

-Feb 13 Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

I had called on Feb 9th just to make sure everything was in order. No interview and no references called.

I can't believe they actually issued the license on the 28th day that has to be some kind of record!

Now I need a shotgun for duck season so buying a Mossberg 500 that's already decided but want a pistol for target/competition shooting looking at the Glock 17 but can't decide to go with a used Gen 4 and save about $170 or brand new Gen 5...

it seems to be a hit or miss. both a buddy and i took the course together on nov 18, miramichi rec mine nov 24th and his the 27th. mine was issued jan 10 and i received it jan 18th, even with the xmas holidays. my buddy is still waiting. his says "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date" and has said that since dec 18 or so. he called to see what the hell is up and they said its sitting on the cfo desk for final approval. he is getting pissed and frustrated. the time its taken him to wait i have bought 2 handguns, had them transferred and approved in less that 20 hr each and ship and received by me. im just waiting on the registrations. it seems odd that the received both our on almost the same days and mine was done way quicker than his.

Quote Originally Posted by JCue23 View Post

Now I need a shotgun for duck season so buying a Mossberg 500 that's already decided but want a pistol for target/competition shooting looking at the Glock 17 but can't decide to go with a used Gen 4 and save about $170 or brand new Gen 5...
    i got a glock 17 gen 3 and i really like it, i also bought a smith & wesson m&p9 range kit and its a nice gun too.both used. very happy with both.
    Last edited by mnathan; 02-13-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast