Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 louie View Post
    Thanx for the FRT#'s RB. Does Anybody know which # applies to the PCV mag ?
    They may not have issued a special bulletin, but by their continued stirring the puddle, at every shop I've asked, (during the last year) if they sell Beowulf mags, responded with - basically - we will not bring any of those into our stock, as the rcmp are planning something or are preventing us from importing the product, & we do not want to have $ tied up in a product that we cannot sell. Marshall's 7 month wait for a reply is pretty much proof of puddle stirring.
    Those FRT numbers apply to firearms. PCV magazine isn't going to be mentioned.

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    I believe what I stated on page 9 should be stated again. The original AA .50 cal magazines are very likely produced off of genuine 30 round NATO STANAG magazines. This would allow them to fall under the RCMP's "dual use" clause they have created. It's not right and I'm not defending it but it's not as out there as people think because there is some basis as it stands in current law. The PCV magazines and maybe another or so which were actually created from scratch is going to be a much tougher sell for the RCMP to ban under that clause.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Booletsnotreactwell

88 louie (11-19-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    Those FRT numbers apply to firearms. PCV magazine isn't going to be mentioned.
    Thanks, That is what I suspected.

They probably would love to make an Accessory Table. They are that committed to harassment.

Man this is retarded, no wonder my mags never came in.

Any update??

Any update on this situation??

Dual Purpose?

Hi Folks,

Regardless what the RCMP say, I can't find a single mention of "Dual Purpose" any where in the firearms act.

If there is please show it. And as such this means it is the RCMP's made up term, and since it is untested in a court of law, holds no weight with regards to Canadian Law.

Please feel free to correct me, but show facts, and legislation to back it up please.

Cheers

Well, another dealer whose name escapes me posted a pre-order for AA .50cal mags this past week, for the low price of a hunnert bucks a pop. (which is why I can't remember who it was).

So I guess the mags are legal so long as they are so expensive that most will balk at the price.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Badger View Post
    Hi Folks,

Regardless what the RCMP say, I can't find a single mention of "Dual Purpose" any where in the firearms act.

If there is please show it. And as such this means it is the RCMP's made up term, and since it is untested in a court of law, holds no weight with regards to Canadian Law.

Please feel free to correct me, but show facts, and legislation to back it up please.

Cheers
    There is no mention of "dual calibre" so you're right... it is a made up term and may or may not hold up in court depending on the judge. However, it is this made up rule that is prohibiting us from getting an IIC for them from foreign affairs.
    It is this same set of rules that they are applying to the 25rd 10/22 rifle magazines now... no official laws passed, just an arbitrary decision that made a bunch of people into criminals without them even doing anything.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Badger View Post
    Hi Folks,

Cheers
    Special Bulletin for business #72, section 4 - this bulletin is active on the RCMP website.

4. Magazines designed for one firearm but used in a different firearm

The maximum permitted capacity of a magazine is determined by the kind of firearm it is designed or manufactured for use in and not the kind of firearm it might actually be used in. As a consequence, the maximum permitted capacity remains the same regardless of which firearm it might be used in.

Example:
    The Marlin model 45 (Camp Carbine) rifle chambered for 45 Auto caliber uses magazines designed and manufactured for the Colt 1911 handgun, therefore the seven round and eight round capacities are permitted.
    Here's a link to the entire thing if anyone wants to read more government dribble. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm

I believe this bulletin is the basis for the CSSA lawsuit over the Ruger 10/22 & Charger pistol "more than 10 round" magazine prohibition.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast