Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Personally I've always thought giveaways were counter-productive, and this is proven in the marketing industry where companies that rely on them always get bitten.

This forum is awesome all on its own, and the couple thousand core members who post regularly will do more than enough to spread the good word on your behalf.

The CCFR doesn't need to give things away to increase membership, you don't need to give things away to draw people in, and Daniel Defense doesn't have to have promotions to sell rifles. In all cases it is detrimental to long-term brand quality.
    I have no signature block.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    The CCFR doesn't need to give things away to increase membership, you don't need to give things away to draw people in, and Daniel Defense doesn't have to have promotions to sell rifles. In all cases it is detrimental to long-term brand quality.
    I must be confused by this then: https://firearmrights.ca/en/remington-783-awarded/

And one of the founding ideas was to give back to the community, this is partly a way to do that.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By jwirecom109

kennymo (01-02-2016)

EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar
    I have always enjoyed spreading and promoting my product on this forum and seeing the membership enjoy what is given .

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By stevesummit

kennymo (01-02-2016), snipezilla (01-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by jwirecom109 View Post
    I must be confused by this then: https://firearmrights.ca/en/remington-783-awarded/

And one of the founding ideas was to give back to the community, this is partly a way to do that.
    Yeah, was about to point out the same thing. CCFR certainly did do a give-away to attract more members. Nothing wrong with that, but surprised one of their own representatives didn't know that.
    If you truly want to understand the present, or your self, you must begin in the past.
    History is not simply a study of the past, it's an explanation of the present.

Quote Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
    Yeah, was about to point out the same thing. CCFR certainly did do a give-away to attract more members. Nothing wrong with that, but surprised one of their own representatives didn't know that.
    Dude, I'm well aware of the give away, I specifically named three sources who gave things away but don't have to.

This forum does but does not have to.

CCFR does but does not have to.

Daniel Defense does but does not have to.

I thought I was being blatantly obvious with that, my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by jwirecom109 View Post

JWire, I merely meant to brought up a well-known truth in the marketing industry, which is that giveaways are short term gain at the expense of long-term prestige. There are an extremely small amount of companies that have managed to make it part of an effective strategy, but they go against the tide.

I'm trying to give you a compliment by saying that this forum is so great that you don't need to. Yes you want to give back and that's great, but you do that by giving us an outstanding forum that we love. Ferrari doesn't need gimicks, and Jaguar doesn't need gimicks. The CCFR doesn't need gimicks, and you don't need gimicks.

Here's a simple azimuth check:
    Out of all the people who have won the contests, how many have won but don't really contribute to your forum? Of those who contribute regularly and have won, how many of them would have stopped contributing if they hadn't won anything?

I commend your efforts to give back, but creating the best forum in Canada is a better gift to the community than guns or ammo.
    Last edited by Petamocto; 01-02-2016 at 06:40 PM.
    I have no signature block.

I don't care either way and don't even register for stuff. My only regret is that I can't use the stickers as I'm "under cover" where I live in Ontario. I live next trailer to a raving maniac that has already caused me serious problems. So I don't weare any gun stuff and move my guns and ammo around very quietly. Being a gun guy gives me a taste of what people who face discrimination feel like. Up to a short time ago, I didn't express my views gun wise or politically on Facebook either based on a bad experience. I'm just happy to have a place to relax a little more than other sites without being reviled or flamed.
    NightHawkCustom Pred II 45, NHC .22 upper, Stag Arms AR 15, Rem. Versa Max Tactical 12 Ga. Tanfoglio Ltd Custom Xtreme, an upgraded Tanfo Ltd Pro, Seraphim 1911 .45 ACP Archangel, Seraphim 9mm Warfighter, SIG P320 FS in 9mm with a .40 conversion and now a SIG P226 Enhanced Elite 9mm.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By hercster

Rory McCanuck (01-02-2016)

I won a freakin rifle, so giveaways
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

11. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

Coke (01-03-2016), DanN (01-04-2016), kennymo (01-04-2016), Rory McCanuck (01-02-2016), snipezilla (01-04-2016)

Happy New Year and thanks for the hang-out for Canadian gun owners!
    Currently allied with: NRA, CCFR, OFAH, BASS, FLW and the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Happy new years from me and the dog. Hope things go better than last year.

Happy New Year to all members of GOC! Thanks to all the mods for keeping this site up and running, and for all the incredible giveaways. I am not on here often, but it's a great atmosphere and crowd of gun owners. It's nice to have a safe place to post with my lack of fire arms knowledge, and know that I will be looked after. Looking forward to what 2016 brings for this site. Cheers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast