Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Transfer went through on the 16th, she's in the mail now!

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenwp View Post
    You guys have no idea how lucky you are. No LAW 9 to contend with. No getting permission from the police or what ever they are called. No absurd gun clubs and rules. My first restricted buy was way back in the 70s in Alberta. Bought it from a CPS officer who was also the firearms officer for the city. He took my drivers license and brought me the gun home that night with my FAC attached. The next one he was registering guns at the Calgary gun show and vouched for me to pay with a cheque for a Baby Browning and told the guy to just give the thing to me. He gave me a piece of paper and I went home and took it Monday to the RCMP and registered it. I wish for the old days sometimes.
    How are we Lucky? Sounds like now worst than the old days where.

I live in NS, so everything old school. We have to be members of a gun club or no restricted transfers will be approved. No getting around it. I call to check on the transfers after 4 days because if I wait for the TAN that gets mailed to us, I be waiting week or 2 since I started the transfer. Than wait for firearm to shipped I normally will have the firearm for a week and half before I get the reg card from the CFC.

I once waited over a month for a transfer, than another 3 weeks later. CFO couldn't contact me to say the gun club I was a member of closed.

Thanks for the thread folks. As a restricted is my next purchase it was nice to see the steps all laid out.

My first restricted ordered last week.
    Went to dealer, said I want that one.
    They took photo copy of rpal and range license.
    Said they would call when ready to pic up.
    No pain no trouble.
    I have a great dealer.
    Del Selin in Vernon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12